Chapter nine

"What do you want?" Troy asked bitterly.

Cece has a shocked expression on her face.

"Why would ask like that to me? I just wanted to ask why were in my class." She said with an evil smirk.

She one-hundred percent reminds me of Bea. That thought puts shivers through my whole body. I can not have another Bea.

"I'm in this class because one, I'm smart enough to be in the class, and two, to protect Carolina from you." Troy said.

Cece looked over her shoulder at her posy. She turns back around and focuses her attention on us.

"Okay then. At least I don't need someone to protect me." She snarled.

She and her posy walk back to their seats.

Class started a few minutes after that confront with Cece. Or should I say junior Bea. I hate the sound of that.

"Alright students. We are going to silently read this class period. No talking! If you kids can stay quiet for ten minutes, I'll let you talk to the person next to you." My teacher said.

She is my favorite teacher. She is so land back.

I grab my book off of the piles of my binders. I'm currently reading Shatter Me.

The book is about a girl named Juliette. She has a touch that is lethal. She is locked up in this 'prison'. These people want to use her as a weapon but she never wanted to hurt anyone.

I think about the story. My thoughts are interrupted with something hitting my back.

It falls to the ground. I look and see that it is a crumbled up piece of paper.

I look to where Cece and her posy are. They are pointing in my direction and whispering something, most liking about me. My head lowers and goes into my book.

My mind wonders off to the world in the book. My imagination gets the best of me. It's like a movie in my head.

My imagination keeps getting distracted by the pieces of paper flying my way.

"Don't let them bother you." Troy whispers to me.

He lays his book on the table and continues reading. He slowly reaches his hand over to mine. We lace each-others hands together.

Troy and I hide our glued hands under the combined table. A small blush comes up onto my face. I read my book.

It feels like seconds when my teacher says we are allowed to talk to our neighbor.

I place my bookmark into the page that my eyes haven't read yet.

"Are you alright?" Troy asked concerned.

My eyes shoot up to his face. He offers a small smile.

"I guess. I mean I hate what they are doing, but they've done worse." I look down at my feet.

I've never told the worse.

"What did they do?" Troy asked.

He lifts my chin up so that I would look at him.

"I'll tell you later." I promise him.

He nods. He hates to see me sad, depressed, and just tired.

Why does he even want to be with me.

"How about tonight we go bowling." Troy suggested.

I never bowled before. I won't tell him.

"Okay!" I excitingly say.

By the end of class, Troy was telling me a story about the time he went to his cousins house, James house to be exact.

They were swimming in the lake by his house. As the were swimming, Troy thought there was a shark. Now this is the funny part. This was this past summer.

"It's was so freaking scary! It looked like a shark, no joke! It ended up being a frog." Troy said as he chuckled at the memory.

I'm laughing so hard. How could he not know it was a frog?

"Why--did--did---you think--it-was-a shark?" I ask through my laughs.

"I don't even know! It was seriously the scariest thing I ever saw." He said defensively.

Now that I think about it, wasn't James supposed to start at our school today?

"When is James starting school here?" I ask.

"Tomorrow. He wasn't feeling well today." Troy replied.

And with that, the bell rang signaling the end of the class.  Troy and I wait for everyone to leave so that we wouldn't get caught up in the rush.

"Are you two dating?" My teacher asked.

Our heads shoot up from our gaze at the same time.

I start to blush.  She couldn't make anything more awkward.

"Yes we are." Troy answered her.

She smiles at us.

"It's nice to see two love birds." She said and chuckled at herself, like it was a joke.I decide to laugh a little myself. 

Troy takes my hand and walks us out of class.  The rush is still here but everyone is at their lockers.  Troy and I walk fast to our lockers and throw the books that we don't need into the messy lockers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School was pretty good.  It's all because of Troy.  We sat by Ashley at lunch.  All of us are going to watch a movie Friday at my house, along with James. He'll come whether he likes it or not.

Instead of going straight home, we head to the bowling alley.  We both text our parents saying where we are going. 

We walk into the bowling place.  The person that was there showed us the lane that we would be using.  We grab our own bowling shoes and head to get a bowling ball. 

I choose a green one.  It seems pretty light.

I walk back to our lane.  Troy is typing in our names that will show on the big tv thing.

"You can go first." Troy said with a smile that melted my heart.

Then I think that I don't know how to bowl.

"Hey-um-Troy?" I ask him.

"Yeah?" He returned.

"I don't know how to bowl." I confess.

He nods and walks towards me. 

"I'll show you.  I'll help you." He says with a smile.

We walk up to the lane.  There is ten pines that I need to knock over.  Troy reaches from behind me and rest his hand on my hand.  He helps me with the motion towards the lane.  In one swift movement, I knock down all of the pines.

"I did it!" I scream.

Troy laughs at me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, Troy one......by a lot.

I look down at my phone and see that I have four missed calls from my mom.

We walk out of the bowling place and walk back to the car.  I call my mom back in the mean time.

"Hello?" I question.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." She sounded angry.