Chapter 8: I'm just scared

Tygr POV

I yawned and rolled over before stretching my limbs out, feeling something warm and strong Beneath my feet. "If you could not press your feet into my stomach my love, that would be great." I heard Thorin groan. I instantly pulled my feet back and sat up. I was somehow sideways in the bed, "I'm sorry..." I said scooting to sit beside my drowsy husband. He tossed and laid on his back before throwing an arm over his eyes, not replying. "Hey...I said I was sorry..." I said as I poked his bearded cheek. He still didn't reply. I huffed and formed into a puppy and hopped up before curling into a ball on his stomach. I frowned before feeling his strong hand pet my back. I grinned and formed back into a woman, hovering over him. "You could never resist the puppy~" I laughed. I saw a grin on his face and I smiled before getting off him and standing. He started to get up but I stopped him, "my love you seem exhausted, you should sleep in a little longer." I said. "I have things I need to take care of." He said. I placed a hand on his shoulder, "I will attend to it, sleep for an hour more. Your grumpy when your tired." I said kissing his lips. He smiled and kissed me back. "Thank you Tygr" he said before rolling over and pulling the blanket over his shoulder. I grinned, "anything for you." I said as I threw on a white dress and pulled back my hair. I left the room quietly and went to my youngest daughters room. "Ashe?" I knocked. "U-uh come in" I heard her say. I opened the door and closed it behind me. I looked and saw my daughter in her bed snuggled between two pillows...and Talion on the floor beside her atop a mountain of pillows. "Where did you get all of those??" I asked with a laugh. "They where on my bed." She said. "What? Why do you have so many pillows?" I asked. "Well...I noticed taad would get me new pillow every time I asked so I wanted to see how many pillows I could get them my bed got overthrown with pillows so I stopped." She said. I covered my mouth and laughed, "I swear you have your father wrapped around your finger." I said with a smile. "Don't you too?" She asked. I shrugged, "it's an equal thing. I think I'm obligated to be wrapped around his more though." I said. "Why?" she asked. I held up my palm showing my scar that I had gotten from making a blood bond with Thorin during the beginning of our journey, pledging my servitude to him. Ashe looked at the scar and cocked her head, "that's just like the one taad has!" She said. I grinned and nodded. "What's it from?" She asked. I ruffled her hair, "I'll explain when your a little older so you can understand." I said. I flinched when Talion suddenly sneezed. I looked back and saw Talion with an angry look on his face, I cringed. I looked back to my daughter, "do you...feel safe with him in here or scared?" I asked. "Safe actually..." She said. I grinned, "well I mean...I guess we all need a hairy beast to protect you at night." I said, slightly praying the my daughter would reply the way I hoped. "Oh!!! Like you have taad!!" She said happily. I smiled widely, 'I'm a fantastic mother.' I said in my head. "Yes, I have taad." I said hugging my child tightly and rolling back, pulling her along with me causing her to go into an uproar of laughter. Suddenly I heard a low growl and looked back to see an upside down Talion glaring at me. I smirked and erupted a low loud growl from my throat. Ashe smiled, "don't worry Talion, she won't hurt me!" She said happily. Talion huffed and went back to his bed. "That's right, run away." I said. Ashe giggled and I sat her back on her bed and stood up. "I'm going to see what's for breakfast." I said as I walked towards the door. "You should join me my fiery haired child." I grinned. Ashe hopped out of the bed then looked at the adorable night gown she had on. "should I change?" She asked. I waved my hand, "no it's fine. Come on." I said opening the door and closing it behind me. Ashe locked it before we made our way down the hall.

As we approached the kitchen we saw the twins coming out, each with an apple...and each wearing loose flowy pants that hung on their waists that I got them from Rivendell, with loose tanktops that where torn halfway from being worn to many times, exposing everything between their hipbones and about two inches below their chests. "Well, good morning girls." I said smacking Phoenix's stomach as I passed. "Why do you hurt me like this mother?" She asked with a laugh. I shook my head and entered the kitchen. I smiled at Bombur who was currently preparing our breakfast. "Leave Thorin's plate in here, I'll take it up to him later. I told him to sleep a little longer." I said as I took my plate and handed one to Ashe. We took out plates out and where met by Allistor and Damien who looked like a tired mess. "Good morning boys, get your breakfast and meet me at the table?" I said before going into the dining room. There I saw Scottie with her arms on the table holding a cup of tea and her forehead to the table. Lily smiled at me as I sat down. "Where's taad?" She asked. Damien and Allistor sat down, followed by the twins. I looked around to make sure all my children where here. "Alright, so I know about Talion." I said. Scottie, Damien and Allistor looked at me surprised. "I am going to tell Thorin later tonight, Allistor and Damien I want you two with me to defend Ashe along with me alright?" I said. They nodded and dug into their food. I quickly ate and questioned my children listening to their conversation on how orcs are born....ugh.