Chapter 14: You are Welcome anytime

Ashe POV

I felt a pounding in my head and cringed. I flinched and felt a searing pain in my ankle. "Ow..." I muttered opening my eyes. I was surprised to see a woodland like bedroom. I was in a rather comfortable bed with silky blankets. I touched my head and felt a bandage. "What happened..." I whispered. "You where thrown from your warg." I heard a voice say. I flinched and looked to see an elven woman with pitch black long straight hair and golden eyes. "W-what?" I asked looking at her. "Yes, you injured your head and ankle. We've treated the wounds and given you new clothes." She said. I glanced down and...I did indeed have different clothes on. "Oh...thank you. Where am I?" I asked. She grinned, "your in Mirkwood." She said. My eyes widened and I went and quickly tried to get up only to feel a wave of pain flow through me. "Agh!" I shrieked before the woman gently pushed me back to the bed. "Please miss, lye still. You will be better soon." She said. Suddenly she gave me a syrup like substance and my eyes felt heavy. "Oh...okay...." I slurred before I felt myself slip into slumber once again.

I rolled over, my face pressing into the soft pillow beside me. I was pleased to feel that my head pain had vanished. I sat up, still feeling pain in my ankle. I carefully placed my legs over the bed and stood, leaning on my non injured foot. "Uh...um..." I thought as I searched for something to lean on so o can walk. I looked in the corner of the room and found a pair of crutches. I hopped my way over and grabbed them. I adjusted them to my size and made my way to the door. After struggling to open the door I inched my way down the hall. "Whoa...Mirkwood is beautiful..." I whispered as I looked around the corner at a large area where a river and waterfall was flowing through. I smiled the frowned realizing Talion was gone. I swung around to go back to my room only to ram right into someone falling back onto my butt, hissing in pain from my ankle. "I would appreciate if you would not move so quickly. Your ankle will not heal if you do not be careful." I heard a mans voice, it was smooth and calming. I looking up and felt my blood turn to ice. There was a elven man, with long blonde hair, piercing blue eyes and a regal face. His robes where kingly and he wore an elegant crown on his head. "I-I'm so s-sorry..." I stuttered. Suddenly he held out his hand. I hesitantly reached up and took it before he pulled me up. I was quite easy to lift, I don't weigh much. "T-thank you..." I said bowing my head, a manner my mother had taught me. "My pleasure, may I have your name?" He asked looking down at me. I looked up, "A-Ashe sir.... Ashe Lionheart." I said. I remembered that my parents had told me if I was ever to meet someone I did not know, as well as not knowing their intentions and they asked my name to use my mothers maiden name Lionheart...just incase using Oakenshield would bring me harm...since my father is well known and my mother is only known as Tygr Oakenshield. Being that someone has wanted to end the line of Durin before...wouldn't want to risk them knowing who I actually was incase they wanted to do it again. So in short it's a safety precaution they told all of us to do.

"What a beautiful name." He said kindly grinning at me. "Do you know who I am?" He asked. I shook my head slightly, "n-no sir." I said quietly. "My name is Thranduil. King of the woodland realm." He said. My eyes widened. 'This is Thranduil...he's so pretty.' I thought staring at him. "It's an honor to meet you..." I said bowing my head once more. "The pleasure is all mine. Now, I must apologize fore startling your warg and injuring you. My men where on a nightly patrol of the edge of our lands and saw you riding by and thought it was an Orc because it was dark so they couldn't tell until they found you on the ground with your warg guarding you." He said. My heart lightened at the thought that Talion was trying to protect me. "W-where is Talion? If I may ask..." I said quietly. "Talion? The warg's name is Talion?" He asked. I nodded. "He is safe. He has been placed in one of the...stronger stalls in our stable." He said. I nodded, "okay...well I need to get home." I said quietly. "I couldn't not stay in the right mind of conscience sending a child out injured and unarmed, also hungry I'm sure." He said raising an eyebrow. 'I'm not Hun-' my thought was cut short by my stomach growling loudly. I felt my face blushed and nodded slightly.