Chapter 19: The Festival

Above is Ashe's beautiful dress Thranduil made for her.

IM LETTING YOU KNOW SCARLET IS SCOTTIE'S REAL NAME

Ashe POV

"I AM SO SCREWED!!!!!!" I screamed. Allistor panicked and covered my mouth. "Shhh!! Everything is going to be fine. Maybe you could speak with Thranduil later in the night and explain everything to him, alright? Right now what isn't going to help is you panicking." He said. I took a deep breath and nodded. "Alright....alright...everything...will be fine." I breathed. "Yes, not get dressed. I'm going into the bathroom." He said before closing the door behind him. I quickly took off my clothes and slipped the beautiful dress on. I couldn't help but look at myself in awe in the mirror. "Hey can you hand me my- whoa...Ashe that dress fits you perfectly..." My brother said softly. "R-really...?" I asked. "Yes. Come here though, I'll help you lace it." he said before turning me around and lacing the back carefully. "I look so pretty..." I said. My brother smiled at me looking at me in the mirror. "You do, except your hair. Come here." He said. He combed my hair straight and began doing and intricate braid. ((Look at hair picture above)). He tugged now and then before finally finishing. "There...what do you think?" He asked holding up a smaller mirror so I could see the back. "Allistor...that's so pretty!!" I squealed. He smiled and nodded. I turned around and hugged him then noticed he was dressed very nicely. I smiled before we left his room and met all of our siblings, dressed and looking amazing. "We all look majestic and badass at the same time." I said smiling. "Of course we do, we're Oakenshield's." Melody said. "Yeah we where bred from a majestic dwarf King and a badass skin-changer." Phoenix laughed. We all laughed and stopped hearing horns going off. "Well, it's time isn't it?" Liam asked. We all nodded and lined up from youngest to eldest in the hall just before the large grand staircase. "Are you all ready?" We heard Balin ask as he came to us. "Yeah, are they doing the announcing thing?" Damien asked. Balin nodded. "Since this is the first festival we've had with every one of you here Thorin is having me introducing you all. Good luck...don't trip on the stairs." He said. I grinned as Balin left to go into the grand hall. "Attention, ladies and gentleman, we welcome men and women from Dale, and the Elven King Thranduil from Mirkwood to the welcome home festival of Princess Melody and Prince Liam." We heard Balin announce. I felt my stomach turn to knots hearing Thranduils name. 'don't vomit, don't trip, don't vomit, don't trip' I screamed in my head. "First, the eldest of the Oakenshield bloodline, Prince Allistor Oakenshield!" Balin announced causing people to cheer and shout happily as my brother descended down the staircase. "Damien Oakenshield!" He said, Damien went down to another roar of cheers. "Welcoming home after two years of being in Rivendell, Melody and Liam Oakenshield!!" Balin said. Melody and Liam linked arms and descended together. The cheers where so loud the twins, Scottie, lily and I covered our ears. "Scarlet Oakenshield!" Balin said. Scottie smiled and went down the staircase. "Phoenix and Shaleh Oakenshield!" Balin announced. The twins held hands and went down the staircase to a erupt of loud cheers...mostly from men oddly. "Lily Oakenshield!!" He said. I felt my stomach churn knowing I was neck. As Lily wend down I peeked around the corner seeing Thranduil smiling at the atmosphere. "And now the youngest of the Durin bloodline, Ashe Oakenshield!" He announced. I took a deep breath and rounded the corner and began down the stairs. I avoided eye contact with Thranduil and focused on not falling. I heard gasps and cheers. "She looks so beautiful!" I heard a few people say. As I reached the bottom my brother smiled at me, I walked and stood beside my father along with my siblings. "The family of Durin welcomes you all to Erebor to celebrate the homecoming of our Prince and Princess. Please enjoy yourselves, have as much food and drink as you want!" Our father said before cheers erupted once more and everyone went on smiling and talking with one another. I looked and saw Allistor hugging Luna, I smiled and began walking to them. I glanced to my right and saw Thranduil looking at me surprised. I panicked and turned around running right into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry!!" I panicked. "It's alright, I should have been watching where I was going." He said. I looked up to see a boy who seemed a little older than me. "I'm Bain..." He said holding his hand out. "Ashe, pleased to meet you." I said smiling. "Um...you wanna go get some punch?" He asked. "S-sure!" I said shyly following him. We got the punch and stood there quietly not saying a word, I felt awkward until I spotted a certain hobbit arriving dressed nicely.