Chapter 38: What have we done

Phoenix PoV

I leaned against the wall boredly looking around the room. "How long does it take for them to fly here?" I groaned. Leh shrugged and shot a stick at me, "wouldn't know." She said. I glared at her as I swatted the stick away. Suddenly we heard loud thumps land on the ground. My eyes widened before we both shot from our places and sprinting outside. As we sprinted out we saw Lissoth and Lioth running towards us. "Lissoth!!!!" I yelled happily as I hugged my dragons snout lovingly, my sister doing the same to Lioth. "Come on, we need your help." I said gaining a trusting and accepting gaze from her big brown eyes.

We ran around the building as our dragons hot familiar with the room they would be working in, gliding gently around it. "Lissoth!!!" I yelled as I ran into the main room with a thick strong rope in my hand. She landed infront of me and huffed waiting for my instructions. I began to tie a tight loop in the rope. "Here. You take this side and pull." I said as I hooked one side of the rope around one of her strong teeth. "Hey Shaleh! Get Lioth over here." I called out to her. "Kay!" She called back and soon enough she came running over, Lioth gliding above her and landing beside Lissoth. "Come here buddy, open dat mouth and show me dem somewhat pretty whites." I said as he did as told. I hooked the other side to his. "ALRIGJT! I'm gonna need you to to pull as hard as possible without breaking the rope so that loop is tied tight enough." I said backing up. They nodded slightly waiting for the go. I smiled, "GO!" I yelled with a laugh behind my voice as they flew into the air and started pulling. Shaleh cheered beside me as they tried to pull hard and gently at the same time. "Okay! That's probably good. I said as they flew back down. I took the rope out of their mouths and looked at the now rock solid knot. "Thank you~" I said looping the rope around my shoulder and climbing onto Lissoths back. "Alright girl, take me up to that statue." I said gently patting her rough hied. She took off as I grasped to her tightly. Once she got close enough I stood up carefully and began to walk up her neck and stood ontop of her head. "Please don't do anything to make me fall." I whispered quietly. I held the rope in my hands and swung it a few times before throwing it, successfully hooking it around the large statue. However as the rope fell from my hands, it's frayed edge grazed Lissoths nose....just....right. My eyes widened as I could feel the massive sneeze building up before it errupted, sending me flying. "PHOENIX!!!!!!" I heard Shaleh scream at the top of her lungs, followed by the ear bursting roar of Lissoth. I screamed as I saw myself flying closer to the stone wall. Suddenly I felt strong wings wrap around me and a solid head secure itself across my chest, while its body closed around me. I felt it hit the wall hard and fall to the ground. I cried out in fear and felt my eyes watering out of all the fear and adrenalin that just passed through my body. The tough body opened up and I saw Lioths eyes looking at me concerned. "Oh my god Lioth thank you!" I cried out and hugged his neck. Suddenly two arms wrapped around my waist as I felt my sister hugging me tightly. I turned around and looked at her. "Holy shit that was horrifying!" She said. I laughed nervously. "Hah....try being the one in the situation." I said walking past her towards Lissoth who was stone still looking at me from her place on the ground. "Come here girl, it's okay." I said holding my arms out. She suddenly ran at me and took me into her claws holding me close. I hugged her and kissed one of her scales. "It was an accident. And I'm fine, don't worry about it." I said. She only produced a low depressed growl in response. "Hey! No sad dragon, sad dragon no fun." I said. She looked at me and placed my hand on the red diamond shape on the center of her face. "Don't worry, please. The hard parts over anyways. The rest of the work...you and Lioth need to do." I said with an already exhausted sigh.

Shaleh PoV

I stood beside Phoenix watching at Lioth held onto the dangling rope hooked to the statue as Lissoth prepared to knock out the bottom of the pillar. We covered our ears as she did so. "Okay! Now lift it up, and gently build up the swing until you can hid this door hard!" Phoenix called out as she took my hand and moved us out of the way of the door. Quickly and swiftly the pillar was rammed into the door....which didn't break the door, however broke the wall around it giving us access. "Well that didn't go as planned but this works to." Phoenix said as she moved some stone out of the way clearing a path. "Yeah I mean, we're in aren't we?" I laughed earning at fist thrust into the air.

We made our way in and were shocked and confused by what we saw. There in the middle of the room stood a very large casket. "So it's a tomb?" I asked. "Whoa....wonder who's in there." Phoenix said walking around it. "Dunno...." I said quietly honestly creeped out. Suddenly she kneeled down.

"Hey can you translate elvish?" She asked. "What? Elvish?" I asked walking beside her. "Uh.....I can read it, not translate" I said looking at it before speaking it aloud. "Well that one says girl. And that one said pale." I said pointing at the elvish writing engraved into the stone. Suddenly a brutal bang was hit from inside the casket. "Ahh!!" We screamed and jumped back. "What the hell?!?!" Phoenix said. Suddenly another hit...then another...then screams. "A-are those orcs?!?!" I said terrified. We heard orcish screams and shouts running towards us from below. "Ohmygodohmygod what's happening we have to get out of here!!!"
She said grabbing my wrist hard as we ran past the now shaking and cracking casket. The second our foot hit the stone outside of the tomb we felt sharp nails sinking into our ankles. We screamed in pain as goblins began crawling up and onto us, brining us down. I punched and kicked trying to fight them off, Phoenix doing the same. I suddenly felt a dagger shoved into my waist. I screamed in pain as an Orc grabbed me tight, shoving it deeper and covering my mouth. My blurry eyes saw Phoenix. "SHALEH!!!!!" She screamed as she was suddenly shot in the foot with an arrow, anchoring her in her place. She screamed and kneeled down as two orcs forced her down. "ENOUGH!" We suddenly heard a loud voice bellow. Before anything could happened Phoenix and I were nailed up to the part of the wall that wasn't broke by a powerful force pressing against us. I looked down and my eyes widened to see...a familiar man. "S-Saruman?" I asked. "I can't thank you two enough. You did exactly as I expected." He said with a grin. "What do you mean?! What did we do?!?!?" Phoenix yelled furiously. Before he replied....the doors to the tomb opened. We looked down and gasped in horror. "Welcome back." Saruman said. I looked at Phoenix, her doing the same to me before we looked back as the large Orc turned around to face us.

"Azog...?"