Chapter 33: I had no idea

Ashe PoV

I woke up, my face nuzzled against a toned arm. I opened my eyes and saw that I was clinging to Thranduil's arm who was asleep. I looked at his calm sleeping face for a moment. 'How...how does someone like him...fall for someone like me?' I thought. My eyes traced his perfectly lips, down to his perfect jawline. 'What if he doesn't even love me...? What if he's just lying...to get something out of me?' I thought for a moment, my heart pained at these thoughts. 'There's no possible way he could have feelings for someone so young...as well as half dwarf.' I thought. My eyes widened and I backed up, though my sudden movement woke the king. "Goodmorning," he said. "G-Goodmorning" I said with a small grin as he sat up. I moved myself onto my knees and looked at him for a moment. "How are you feeling?" He asked placing his hand on mine. "Very well actually..." I said quietly averting his gaze. I slid myself off the bed, "I actually feel like I'm good enough to go home." I said. "What? Go home? But your still inj-" "I'm sure that my wounds are well enough that I can heal fully perfectly well in Erebor." I said turning away. I heard him sigh in confusion. "Is something troubling you my love?" He asked. "D-don't call me that..." I said. "What?" He asked. " "my love"! Why should I think you actually have feelings for me?! I'm not even an adult yet and I'm hardly as wise, or as beautiful as you! There's positively no way that you could love me as you say you do!" I said. I felt awful yet relieved at saying these words. "Ashe, why do you doubt my affections?" He asked. I could hear him stand. "Because, I'm nothing compared to the elven woman who I'm sure will throw themselves at you. There's no possible way." I said hugging my arms around my stomach. "Ashe! Listen closely to m-" he started. "No....let me go home." I said quietly. He stayed silent, "fine... I will have Talion prepped." He said. "Thank you..." I said quietly as he left. I felt a lump in my throat, though held it back.

Phoenix POV

A cold ice cube....is how I would describe how I felt as I woke up...SOAKED IN WATER. "AHHHH!!!!" I screamed and shot off the bed. "BOTH OF YE! WAKE UP!" We suddenly heard Dwalin yell. "Wha- HAHAHAHAA!!!!!" I heard my sister laughing, I looked and saw her clutching her stomach and pointing at me...until Dwalin flung water onto her as well. I smirked and pushed myself to my feet. "Why did you do that?!" I asked angrily, then noticed Balin, Dis, Kili, and Fili where there as well. "We need ye." He said. "Why?" Shaleh asked. "Because, some urgent business has come up and you two are the only two that can go." He said. "What? Why?" I asked tossing a towel to my sister and wiping myself off with another one. "Well, some trading business in Rohan has come up...which required a member of the royal bloodline to go and approve it. However, Allistor has other business to along with Damien. Melody and Liam are away, Scottie is going to go and get Ashe, so...that leaves you two." He said. "Wait you said only one person of the Royal bloodline, what about Fili or Kili??" I asked. "Immediate bloodline...as in sons and daughters of the King and Queen." Balin said. "Aye, we really only need one of you...however we didn't want to deal with the ordeal of trying to get one of you...we've noticed you two are attached at the hip." Dwalin said. An instant smile spread into my sister and I's faces. "This is true~" we said simultaneously as we slid and pressed out hips together. Balin laughed, as did our cousins and aunt. Dwalin rolled his eyes. "Ladies, you must remember that you are representing your father, this is no joke." He said with a serious expression. "Aye sir..." we said bowing our heads slightly. "Ah, now then. The wardrobe?" Balin said turning to Dis. "Aye, ladies, come with me." She said. We squeezed our way through the beefy dwarves and followed our aunt. "Now, on trips like this it is crucial to look the part of the Kings daughters...twins no less." She said. "What's so special about us being twins?" Shaleh asked. "Well, no Royal line in Middle-Earth has ever had perfectly identical twins...actually...no twins at all." She said. I grinned and bumped my fist with Shaleh's before we laughed. "You know, one day, one you you might become a queen Shaleh, so you should prepare as much as possible." Dis said then turned to me. "You won't be able to hold onto eachOther forever." She continued. I glanced at my sister, for some reason...my aunts words pained my heart. "W-what do you mean, why can't I be queen?" I asked. "Oh Phoenix, you know your going to become a warrior! Shaleh is much more for a throne as for her knowledge. And well, you two are going to grow up, get married and have families and lead lives of your own!" Dis said. I frowned, I wasn't worthy to be a queen? I scowled on the inside, however kept a neutral expression. "Ha, like that will ever happen, no way I'd leave Phoenix, and forget ruling Erebor without her!" Shaleh said smiling before she suddenly reached for my hand and held it tightly in her own, she looked into my eyes, like a mirror reflection...only happy. "Y-yea...n-never..." I whispered. "You okay Nix?" She asked. I averted my gaze and squeezed her hand, blinking back tears, "Perfectly fine." I said.