Chapter 18: Oh Mahal...

Above are all the girls dresses for the festival:

The top two are
Phoenix (LEFT)
and
Shaleh (RIGHT)

The bottom row

Lily (LEFT)
Melody (MIDDLE)
Scottie (RIGHT)

Ashe POV

After my long journey home i trudged my way to my bedroom. To my delight I saw a massive animal bed in the corner. "They finished your bed Talion!!" I said happily. He ran and jumped onto it before curling into a ball and going to sleep. "Rest up buddy, you've earned it after running so fast for me." I said. I went into my bathroom and splashed water on my face before drying off and going back out into the hall. There where dwarves everywhere bustling around getting ready for the feast/party. "ASHE~!!!" I heard two voices say. I turned and saw my twin sisters running toward me with dress bags in their hands. "Hey! What's up?" I asked. "Wanna see our new dresses maamr just bought for us~" they said. I smiled and nodded. The shoved me into my room and pulled their dresses out. They where both elegant blood red dressed but with different styles. "Huh, I thought you two would make your dresses matching like always." I said. "Yea we decided to just match the color this time." They said. I smiled, "their beautiful nonetheless!" I said. "Thanks!" Shaleh said. "What are you wearing?" Phoenix asked. "Oh...I don't know yet." I said. "Huh well you better figure that out soon~ only a small while till the ball starts." Phoenix said. I laughed and nodded. "Oh did you hear that there are princes from some other kingdom coming?" Shaleh asked. "No? What?" I asked. "Yeah. There's four of them. Ones about your age." She said. I rolled my eyes, "great. Just lovely! anyways I need to go do stuff so you guys should go show other random people your dresses!" I said shoving them out my room. "Snippy! See you later Ashe" they laughed. I smiled and made my way down to the dragon stable. To my surprise I found that Echo was gone and Allistor was there polishing his sword. "Hey!" He said smiling. I waved slightly. "Hi," I said. Heglared at me, "what's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing...it doesn't matter." I said sitting down. "Now I know that's a crock of shit. On a scale of one to ten how much trouble would you be with taad if he knew?" He asked. I felt a pit of guilt in my stomach. "...disowned." I said quietly. "W-what? Why?" He asked setting his sword down. "If I tell you...do you swear not to tell anyone...please." I said. He nodded, his green eyes burning with concern. "Well...I've begun combat training..." I said quietly. "That's great! Taad finally decided to teach you??" He asked. I shook my head. "I've begun battle training...with Thranduil." I said. His eyes widened. "What? Why?! How?! What?!?!!" He asked. "Well it's a really long story but the short of it is that he wanted to train me to fight and my first lesson was today, that's where I was when Maamr and taad thought I was just out riding Talion which technically wasn't a lie because I was but he told me that I was a natural!" I said quickly almost out of breath. Allistor stair quiet for a little while. "Well...I must say that sneaking around taad isn't a good idea. However I am proud and not shocked at all that your a natural, your just like Scottie." He said placing a hand on my cheek. "How did this arrangement even happen?" He asked. "Well wh-" I was cut off and my blood turned to ice as my taad walked in. "Hey have you- oh Ashe, your back!" He smiled before hugging me tightly. "How did your riding go?" He asked. "Wonderful, I had no problems what so ever." I smiled. "I'm so proud of you, thank you for being honest with me yesterday about what happened." He said kissing my forehead and setting me down. "I'm so glad to know I've raised honest, trustworthy daughters." He said before leaving. I felt my heart crack and tears well up in my eyes before I was suddenly pulled into a warm embrace by my brother. His hand was on the back of my head while his other arm was around my back. I held onto his and cried into his chest. "Well that probably didn't make your guilt feel any better..." He said. I shook my head and held him tighter. "He's going to hate me if he finds out!" I cried. "Does...uh...blondie know who you actually are?" He asked. I let him go and wiped my tears. "N-no, he just knows I live in Erebor." I said. "Well...that's good, keep it that way. As long as he doesn't know your a princess...I think this secret will be easier to keep." He said. I nodded in agreement and sniffed. "W-what time is it?" I asked. "Almost seven, why?" He asked. "Oh shit!" I yelled before sprinting out of the stable with Allistor close behind. As I excited the mountain I caught tbe delivery man just in time before he could go inside. "Hey! Do I have a package?" I asked. "Why yes Princess Ashe, you do!" He said before pulling a large package out of his bag. "Thank you!" I said. "I'll take the rest for you," Allistor said taking the bag of mail for our family. "Thank you Prince Allistor, enjoy your evenings." He said before turning back and going on his way. "What is that..." He asked. I looked up at him nervously. "Uh...come to my room with me." I said. I put the package back in the mail bag so it couldn't be seen and we quickly ran to my bedroom. As we passed our siblings Bedrooms I saw Lily in her beautiful dress. "YOU LOOK SO PRETTTTYYYY!!!!" I shouted running past her. "Uh? Thanks?" She laughed. We shut the door behind us and I tossed the package onto the bed and starred at it. "What's in the package?" He asked. "Well...it may or may not be a dress Thranduil had made for me because I mentioned that I didn't have a dress for this party and he offered to make me one." I said. Allistor sighed and sat on the bed. "Well...open it. Let's see what he made you." He said. I took a deep breath and opened the package before my heart stopped. I lifted up the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. It was white and form fitting with some exquisite patterns. "Whoa...I have to admit...that's impressive." Allistor mumbled. I looked at him wide-eyed. "Okay, since obviously Maamr and taad are going to ask when you got that dress I will say that I met you outside of Dale on your way back from your riding practice and when we walked through Dale we stumbling upon a man selling elvish dresses and you fell I love with this one so I bought it for you as an early birthday present. Alright?" He said. I looked at my eldest brother in surprised before setting the dress down and tacking him hugging him tightly. "OH MAHAL YOUR THE BEST BIG BROTHER EVER I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!" I cried. He laughed and hugged me before pushing me off. "Yeah I know, brother of the year." He laughed. I smiled and looked at the dress. "It's so beautifully made~" I said in a dreamy expression. "Yeah, it really is." Allistor said. I noticed he had a troubled look on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked. He sighed, "I want to take Luna to the festival...and I was hoping you could help me get maamr's approval...?" He asked. I smiled. "With how much your helping me right now I really don't see how I could say no. And...way better to call it a festival because it's more a a party than a feast." I laughed. He smiled and nodded.

We walked to our parents room and knocked, our mother opened the door and a towel wrapped around her head and in a robe. "Haha hey Maamr~ can we talk to you?" I asked. She nodded and let us in. "What's up my pups?" She asked. I giggled, "well, it's sort of about Allistor but he wants me to ask for him." I said. "That's adorable, what is it?" She asked. "He is wondering if he can take this girl Luna to be sort of...his date for the festival." I said. "Huh, festival, that's smart. Anyways I don't have a problem with it." She said. "Who is she?" She asked. "She works in the kitchen...she's shorter, has white hair..." Allistor said. "Her?! I love her! She's the sweetest little thing!" Our mom gushed. He smiled widely. "So it's okay if I take her?" He asked. "Oh yes, absolutely. If your father says anything unkind send him my way." She said. I smiled. "Oh hey Maamr, who all is coming to this festival?" I asked. "Oh, Bilbo is coming." She said. "What?!?! YESSSS" I smiled. "He's so kind, I'm so excited to see him again. Oh, and we have recently invited King Thranduil as a peace offering. We are trying to end our feud with the woodland realm." She said. My eyes widened and I looked at Allistor. "W-what? So Thranduil is coming?" Allistor asked. "Well hopefully. He may not." She said taking her long black hair down from her towel and brushed through it. "Does taad know?" Allistor asked. "Yes, he isn't too thrilled but he wants to end the feud as well." She said. I was utterly speechless and terrified. "Oh Ashe dear do you have a dress for the festival?" She asked. I nodded slowly, "yes I bought her one from Dale. I met her outside of the city when she came back from riding Talion." He said. "That was nice of you. What kind is it?" She asked. "It's elvish, absolute stunning. She just fell in love with it when she saw it so I got it for her as an early birthday present." He said smacking my back. I flinched and smiled, "yeah! It's really pretty!" I said happily. "That's lovely, now you two should go get ready. The festivities will be starting soon!" She said before ushering us out of the room. "We should go find Luna and tell her the good news." I said quietly. He nodded and we walked quietly made our way down to the kitchen just as Luna was coming out. "Luna!!" Allistor said running to her and hugging her tightly. "My mother said yes to you attending the festival!" He said. She smiled widely. "That's wonderful!!!!!" She squealed kissing my brother. I couldn't even let out any emotion, I was terrified. "What's...wrong with your sister?" She asked concerned. "Oh...right. You go get ready and I will deal with her alright?" He asked. She smiled and nodded before kissing him once more. I looked to my right and felt my face go pale. There walking through the front entry way was...Thanduil accompanied by a few other Elves including a Dailu and Tauriel, my father went up creating them, in his best royal attire. I shriek slightly and Luna said goodbye and ran off. Allistor suddenly saw what I was looking at and panicked before he lifted me over his shoulder since I couldn't even move and sprinted to my room, grabbed the dress and went to his room before setting me down on his bed. "Your getting ready in here while we sort this out and figure out what to do." He said. I stayed quiet and it seemed to freak him out. "For the love of Durin will you say something?!" He yelled.

"I AM SO SCREWED!!!!!!"