Chapter 6: VALLEY OF DEATH

A couple miles away sat an edgy man who curled his fist in annoyance. They are not getting away! He thought bitterly. Miles away from him. The children all sat around the fire warming themselves as they talked and laughed petting their animal friends. The warmth was incredibly addictable. Some animals from the woods were confident enough to get into an arm reach of the children. What surprised the animals were that the children didn't mind. They gave some fruits and berries to some brave animals who gobbled them up like lightning. At the end, they all decided to go to sleep. The fire was out and the wood animals all went back to their dens and their homes which turns out to be near the children's sleeping spot. The children's animal friends all decided to sleep in an area near the other animals. Silence and slow breathing could be heard. The moonlight shone from behind the clouds. Emilia shifted uncomfortably groaning in annoyance under the moonlight feeling someone watching her. Her eyes flickered open meeting beautiful brown red eyes staring back at her. Emilia jumped up in alarm about to yell scoldings when the person cursed to himself.

"Don't shout or anything," he hissed in the most icily, cold, freezing voice ever.

"Don't say that! People can do that whenever they got scared," Emilia fizzed back. The boy stood up. He was around their age as well. He huffed running his hand through his chestnut oaky brown hair looking annoyed before turning to her.

"Okayy, geez. Don't be a brat. I believe you are being hunted," the boy fired back. Emilia blinked backing away from the fiery-tempered boy.

"Well.. okay? I dunno who put your panties in a twist. But erm. Well, I guess I'll go to sleep?" Emilia replied backing away feeling like a prey from the boy's burning gaze. The boy's gaze softened slightly. Keyword: Slightly

"I'll see ya'll in the morning," the boy vanished into thin air which he seems to have turned into a young lion.  Emilia curled back down to sleep. 

Morning rushed in banging by their door as the children shot awake. They hurried towards the cliff to see the sunrise view. A yellow orb glowed from behind the mountains. Birds chirped a morning sound. Gentle cool breeze circled the children. The trees' leaves danced along with the breeze. A burst of colour lit the sky. A contentment filled the air. Animals appeared from their homes and darted around to find food.

"This is cool. We should do this more often," Emeral chirped as the children turned back towards the forest. A young lion appeared and turned into the boy from last night. Fox looked slightly surprised when he saw the boy.

"Leander. What a surprise?" Fox spoke. Leander shifted facing Fox. 

"What's your last trick that made you get kicked out of Silver Terrain?" Leander smiled coldly showing his fangs curtly. Fox narrowed his amber eyes looking frustrated.

"Well, how was your last fight that got you kicked out?" Fox fired back just as curt as Leander. They both bared their fangs at each other.

"I think that's enough," a young girl appeared. She had this forest vibe about her. Her forest green eyes glinted at the two boys. She has wavy brown ochre hair braided in a bun. The two boys shifted mumbling a quiet 'sorry'.

"Why are you here Everett?" Fox asked. The girl shrugged.

"I assume that you must all get going. Come visit us soon. If you want to go to the valley. Take a trip around the dark river further south. Turn left and be careful of the unsteady rocks. Good luck," the girl dragged Leander away who shot a glare at Fox who in turn returned it back. The children headed off to the dark river. The trees were ashened and dark, drooping towards the ground. Black water rushed off into the foggy distance. The children carefully stepped on the unsteady rocks and ended up at a cliff. Dry green trees surrounded the area. Grey water rushed below. The children breathed feeling unsettled. A figure appeared from the shadows.

"Hello odd Fred," Alexandra drawled. The children took a battle stance. Angelique licked his lip ring tensely. Emeral twitched her fingers anxiously. Emilia and Sylvynir both stood patiently whilst Fox and Vynx itched to attack. Fred cackled. Lightning strikes across the sky. Thunder rumbled overhead.

"Ah, well. I'm hungry for some death. Isn't this hilarious? I don't think some of you will make it," Fred smiled hideously. The children glanced at each other with support. 

"Just saying," Fred shrugged indifferently before lunging at them. Hisses and growls erupted as the children fought back. Fred grinned. A memory flung into his mind. This time 500 years ago. People screaming. His victory of ending the young girl. Lightning struck towards them. Emeral, Vynx, Fox and Angelique let out a yell of pain. Alexandra, Emilia and Sylvynir rushed over to their fallen friends. But it was too late. The three fallen friends disappeared into the valley below. The surviving children whirled around to face Fred but.. he was gone. His last cackle filled the air. Alexandra crouched down staring at the valley below. Emilia looked around at her remaining friends.

"Looks like it's just us.. again," Emilia murmured sadly.

"We should head into the valley. I think we should find the truth of their disappearance," Sylvynir finally spoke. His voice was quiet. The three children sighed sadly. Emilia's thoughts drifted to the song No Reason by Ryan.B and Effie. A Chinese song.

"Our only new friends. No, no, no. This is sad. They are watching over us now," Alexandra mumbled glancing at Sylvynir and Emilia who had interlaced their fingers together for support.

"The ship has sunk Alex. We're sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that.." Emilia trailed off. Alexandra raised a brow. Sylvynir shrugged awkwardly. The children walked towards the bottom of the cliff. They froze. A scaly figure laid on the pebbles below next to the valley. Smoke billowing from its snout.

"A dragon!" Emilia exclaimed. The children paused staring at the dragon. Its scales was black with silver streaks. It lifted its head facing them. Amber eyes stared at them curiously. It seemed to have heard the children talking.

"Ack.. Sorry," Emilia backed away as the dragon stood up in its all mighty glory. Dark purple gems hung neatly on its scales. It yawned. Fangs showing. It smelt of smoke, forest and sweet. It tilted its head at them stepping closer.

"Firelight," a cold voice spoke.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for waiting. Sorry, for killing off their dear 4 friends. I'm sure they may appear again. What do you think? I have finally updated this chapter. I need more motivations. :(. Hope you enjoyed. Wait for the other chapter. :].

1146 words.