Chapter 18: RAILWAYS

The horses sped quietly down the hill towards the dark shadows. The leaves rustled and the moonlight glowed brightly from behind the clouds. Its bright gaze peered through the gaps of the thin fingers as the trees stretched towards its guests. 

"I know a short-cut," Emeral hummed. The other others followed closely behind her as she took a sharp turn. Quiet, lively chirps from nocturnal animals filled the dark night. The horses' hooves pounded on the dirtied filled leaves ground. The sounds of animals vanished into thin air as they reached an area surrounded by fogs.

"What is this?" Sylvynir demanded looking around. The others shivered slightly as the horses walked slowly into the fog.

"Wait a minute. Is that railways?" Emilia scrutinised the hard metal rails that stretched into the distance under the light fog. 

"I think so," Alexandra nodded. Fox hopped down from his horse and kneeled down beside the rails frowning. Jaden and Angelique exchanged glances as Hydra squinted her eyes at the rails in the distance.

"These tracks are actually the rails of a train that anyone including the humans can get aboard and the train will take them everywhere only for them sightseeing and then they come back to where they boarded the train to get off. I've been on the train before," Fox stated. Hydra nodded as well.

"What happened then?" Emeral peered at the sky. Hydra shrugged, her gaze darkened.

"The train vanished one day with many passengers onboard. The train normally take like about 20 hours to come back. A day later, it still has not come back. Many people asked the peoplw who live in the places where the train always pass by and the answer is always the same. 'No, we have not seen the train,'. But there was only one place where the people have seen the train. It is the last place where we sight-see. 'The Dark Hallows'. I know right, it sounds evil and dark like from Harry Potter the 'Deathly Hallows'. All the people said were, 'The train passed by, but nobody was driving it and we heard screaming inside,'. Their answers were always creepy and scary but we all wonder if they are telling the truth or not," Hydra muttered. 

"We should get going. Why don't we follow the rails?" Alexandra proposed. The others nodded and swung onto their horses thundered on top of the rails. Clunks and clinging sounds of the rails creaking sounded below them. The teenagers and their horses skidded to a stop as they reached the end of the rails.

"It seems that this bit broke apart. And look down below. It's like an abyss," Jaden pointed out. Sylvynir let out a breath shivering slightly.

"We should go down and see," Emeral turned to the others. Angelique paused his steps and stared at Emeral with wide eyes.

"Are you mad?" he demanded anxiously. Hydra frowned tapping her chin and Emilia glanced around. Alexandra clicked her tongue nervously and even Jaden and Sylvynir shook their heads.

"This is ridiculous, guys. We gotta get down and see and maybe solve another mystery," Emeral spoke cooly. Fox sighed tiredly.

"This is getting too intense. Our lives before wasn't always solving mysteries and getting chased by villains and blah blah blah. This life is going coco," Emilia announced shaking her head.

"I give up," Sylvynir threw his hands in the air. Alexandra rested her head on the horse with exhaustion. Angelique shoved his hands in his pockets, Fox sniffed and Jaden groaned. Emeral sighed. 

"We needa keep going guys. We've gone too far now," Emeral gripped the edge of the cliff and disappeared below. The others finally followed after her. The wind whistled and the area around them was pitch black. Until, they noticed a strange faint glow at the bottom of the abyss. The teenagers climbed down carefully as fast as they could and reached the light. A skeleton of a huge vehicle laid torn and ripped apart on the ground. The glow came from inside the carriage. The teenagers shuddered wondering what lays inside the train. They clambered onto the train and slipped through the broken, cracked window to get to the glow. A strange green stone sat on the couch as it dimly glowed. It has a strange symbol carved onto the stone which briefly reminded the teenagers as the stone in Moana. 

"What on earth filled with coconuts is that?" Emilia whispered tugging harshly at Fox's hand. Alexandra picked the stone up. A sudden faint electrical feeling tickled Alexandra's fingers. She snickered slightly.

"It's seems very precious," Emeral scrunched her nose with concentration as she took out the gem she took from the Fallen Kingdom. Emilia tugged at her special necklace. The three jewelries glowed together.

"They are an important thing that connects the world together," Fox suddenly spoke. He stood up tracing the bones of the skeleton carriage. Hydra perked up and took off her earrings. The gems glowed brightly together once the girls held them close together.

"This is astonishing and spectacular!" Jaden's eyes widened. The girls pulled away their hands. The glow vanished. The girls put the gems away and the group let their eyes swish around the carriage. Until, their eyes landed on a dark shape on one of the seats. 

"The he-"

"No swearing!" Emilia hissed glaring at Angelique who sighed at her. The teenagers stared at the object in bewilderment.

"Wow, a book. That's very peculiar," Sylvynir frowned staring at the book curiously. A sudden sound caught the group's ear. They whirled around and Angelique grabbed the book.

"This is not good. We're not alone here," Jaden snarled. A shape whizzed straight past the teenagers who stiffened.

"Oh coconuts, why do we always get ourselves-" Fox grabbed Emilia sprinting along with the teenagers to escape from the horrid place.

"-in trouble," Emilia finished. The teenagers climbed their way out of the abyss.

"So ridiculous," Alexandra leapt onto her house as did the others and galloped away from the unknown creature in the abyss. 

"Is it just me or everyone that the tree branches are stretching towards us?" Hydra asked turning to Sylvynir. 

"Seems to me it is," Sylvynir groaned as the branches lunged at the horses. The horses reared and sped off with the teenagers holding on for safety.

"I have no idea where they are taking us," Emeral ducked from the branches. 

"Looks like we need to wait and see," Angelique hummed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers, I'm back! I've been thinking of what to write for so long (67 days not writing this chapter)! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for waiting. 

1100 words.