Chapter 8: FRED COMES ROUND TO VISIT

Silence fell heavily. The children stood breathlessly staring around. They were the only ones in the cave.

"We should head out now," Jaden lead the children out of the cave and onto his dragon. They took off high in the sky. Silenced wingbeats, wandering eyes and silent thoughts filled up with tension radiated off them. The trees blurred below with the sun in the horizon. A gentle thump sounded around the quiet woods. The children boarded off the dragon. 

"This is so creepy," Emilia muttered pinching her nose. They glanced around noting how the trees seem to be curling towards them. A dim light caught their attention. A firefly. It flittered delicately around the children before taking off. The children shot after the creature. Soon many other fireflies joined the pack. They started circling a small brown box which seems to be the treasure box. Alexandra crouched down grabbing the box and hugging it protectively.

"It's heavy," she explained to the others as they watched her struggle for a bit before gaining confidence to hold the box properly. Firelight approached curiously sniffing the box and nudging it. Jaden wrapped his arms around Alexandra before she fell. 

"Firelight. Don't," Jaden dropped his arms after Alexandra regained her balance smiling awkwardly. The children pushed themselves onto Firelight.

"Where are we off to now?" Sylvynir spoke quietly after a whole hour of silence. 

"Dunno," Jaden shrugged as the children gawk at him. Firelight landed gently as the children looked around in the dark sliding off the dragon. A figure appeared from the dark smiling creepily.

"Fred," Jaden breathed with annoyance and disdain. Firelight growled.

"What have you got there?" Fred nodded at the box in Alexandra's hand. Alexandra glared at him with fury.

"I hope you die," she growled. 

"YES! YOU WILL GET VERYYY FAT WHEN YOU EAATT TOO MUCCH COCONUUUTTTT," Emilia sang 'Da Coconut Nut Song' by Smokey Mountain. Fred glared at her with confusion.

"What the heck are you girl?" he demanded. Emilia shrugged pointing at the coconut in his hand.

"What have you got there?" she mimicked him. How ironic. Fred glared. 

"Back off," Sylvynir murmured quietly. Fred showed his knife teeth and lunged hungrily. The children dodged and Firelight shot flames out of his mouth. Fred let out an irritated scream before shooting off into the distance.

"SEE YOU SOON. THIS WON'T BEE THEEE LAST TIME!" he yelled with fright. Alexandra hugged the box protectively murmuring sweet words. The box wobbled and Alexandra looked alarmed. Jaden patted her head. The box's lid slid open revealing a beautiful glassy diamond egg. 

"A dragon egg," Jaden nodded. The egg rocked side to side and a silver head popped up. Crystal amethyst eyes stared back at Alexandra.

"Wow. Hi Andromeda," Alexandra grinned as the scaly creatures squeaked in reply climbing onto her shoulder and nuzzling her. A bark caught the children's attention. Their animal friends stood in anticipation.

"They're here. We almost forgot about them," Emilia exclaimed rubbing her hand on her tiger friend. Fox Jnr. stood close next to wolf who had his riders; monkey, red panda, arctic fox and snake. Fox Jnr. climbed onto his back as well comfortably next to arctic fox. Wolf was way bigger than he was last time. Bigger than an average wolf. Tiger was also bigger than an average tiger.

"I think wolf is an alpha," Sylvynir patted the wolf who was up to his waist. 

"I don't think so," Jaden smiled inwardly.

"They are mythical creatures. Normally, mythical creatures become friends and attached to supernatural," Jaden explained shifting up onto his dragon.

"Alex. Andromeda will grow very fast. Soon she will be the size of Firelight," Jaden patted his dragon. 

"We should leave to find a spot to sleep," Alexandra patted her dragon. Firelight bent down for the animals and children to climb on board.

"Away we go!" Emilia yelled as Firelight took off into the distance. The children hummed a tune as they laid down comfortably on the dragon. Jaden breathed silently as they floundered away.

"Dangers will soon strike you my dears. There's nothing I can do to protect you. I can't let the past catch up to me. I lost them like I'm about to lose you," Jaden whispered quietly to himself. Not expecting Alexandra to hear him. She blinked sleepily at him. The wind whispered a gentle lullaby to her. Who are the people he lost? Alexandra wondered silently feeling sorry for him. Alexandra glanced at her dear friends. Sadness filled her as she thought of their friends that they lost. Emeral, the calm and smart witch. Angelique, the bad-mouth and sarcastic vampire. Fox, the youngest of the group and mysterious young shapeshifter. Vynx, the royal prince and intelligent werewolf. But I'm going to see you soon. Alexandra promised determinedly. They aren't dead. They are going to come back to us. They will help us defeat the evil people. Then we can all relax laugh and celebrate our days together. Alexandra announced inwardly closing her eyes. An image of the children building a wall to get out of the hole was vivid in her mind. She internally laughed. It was hilarious. Thanks to Emilia, that they had a good memory.

|^-^ | ^_^ | ^-^ | ^_^ | ^-^ | ^_^ | ^-^ | ^_^ | ^-^ | ^_^ | ^-^ | ^_^ | ^-^ | ^_^ | ^-^ | ^_^ | ^-^ | ^_^ | ^-^ | ^_^ | ^U^ \

Far In The Distance

"Those children will not last long," an eery voice spoke coldly watching the children fly away before turning to Fred who was panting.

"YOU HEAR ME?!" the eery voice roared. Fred flinched nodding.

"I agree your majesty. Just like you want. I will end them like Amaya, the dragon-rider, they uncursed," Fred bowed lowly scurrying away. King Malos cackled with rage.

"They will be gone before they can make it back to report their stories," King Malos murmured.

"All I have to do is to kidnap the children like what I did to their other friends. Torture them and then kill them slowly in front of the whole world. My Ferals will attack the humans. I bet they will all die. THEN I WILL RULE THE WHOLE WORLD ALL AS MY SLAVES IN MY REACH!! NOTHING WILL GET INTO MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the evil king screamed proudly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one good story so far. Let's hope the children will survive what would be coming for them. I don't know if this story will be longer than the first book.

1072 words.