Chapter 16: SPIRIZIA CYRAL

Crickets chirping and gentle breeze weaved around the village. Everything were unmistakably peaceful. Lights were on inside homes. Happy giggles and soothing voices sounded every corner of the village. But one typical house made the happiest noises. Laughter and jokes echoed from the house. Two women and three men. One boy and one little girl. Their shadows danced from the window. The lights from every house illuminated the whole village up. A bright and happy village. Suddenly, black wisps snaked into the house. Their claw-like fingers stretched in through the gaps of each and every houses. Soon the happy souls of every villagers turned into a desperate and fearful soul. Screams and cries as villagers were being swallowed up. In the happiest house, the two old couple and the young couple coughed rushing to the door like every single villagers. They banged on the door and windows trying to open it but it was no use. They were all locked. They called and cried for the two young siblings to get out. A figure grabbed the two children as they wriggled for their older families who watched them leave the house safely.

"We wish the best my dears," the parents murmured. Screams and cries soon dissolved into nothingness. A loud scream sliced through the air. It abruptly was cut off. Slurps and gurgles echoed through the village. The clouds descended from the sky as fog covering the whole town. The only survivors whimpered softly. The brother hugged his sister. A growl rumbled from behind them. The brother pushed his sister to safety as he was bitten by the creature with blood red eyes. The boy shook his head. Scarlet red colour glowed eerily from his eyes as he darted after the others. The little girl trembled with fear all by herself. A sudden cold wind brushed past her. It whispered and taunted the girl mercilessly. 

"Come here kitty, kitty," it purred seductively at the little girl who jumped in alarm trying to escape. Hands grabbed her wrapping around her waist and covered her face.

"Gotcha," it whispered alluringly. The lips of the person's lips brushed against her ear temptingly.

-------------

"You need to head off to the blackened village to find the truth. Please help," Lovei begged putting on his puppy-dog eyes. The teenagers sighed unwillingly.

"Another mission? How many missions do we even have?" Hydra frowned. Sylvynir exhaled exhaustedly. The teenagers seemed to be doing that often now.

"How will we get there? We cannot ride a dragon as it could cause many eyes on us," Sylvynir frowned with disappointment. The animals would soon be free after the war is over. Alexandra thought determinedly. Emilia nodded crossing her arms at Lovei.

"Look here, bulk man. I have just one precious coconut in my pocket. If you don't give us a mission to do what you want us to do. I will throw my last dearest coconut at your face," Emilia glared pointedly. Fox mewled pouting at Emilia looking kinda jealous. Emilia let him rub his hand against her arm to keep warm as it was surprisingly snowing. Lovei looked surprised at her coconut warning.

"This weather pattern is weird," Emeral mused. Angelique wrapped his arm around her nuzzling into her. Lovei sighed again.

"You see why the weather pattern is weird. War is coming. The villains are causing destruction of all sorts of kinds. That's why. Also. For you info Emilia. The mission is important. You might find more informations. Connect the dots kids. Remember the time of finding out about the disappearance of the dragon-rider? Connect the dots. What do they all relate up to? You will be able to connect the dots fully when you go to the village. You might be able to complete the prophecy," Lovei shrugged pursuing his lips. The teenagers finally nodded in agreement.

"I have some horses to provide you. Good luck," Lovei disappeared leaving 8 horses staring awkwardly at the teenagers.

"Let's go," Jaden hopped onto the horse. The others did the same as they sprinted towards the huge fog up on the hill. The Spirizia Cyral village. By the time they reached the village it was evening. The sun was slowly setting. 

"This place is creepy," Emilia commented. The teenagers breathed in as they silently prayed for the best.

"I'm hungry," Fox bit his lip staring at Emilia's lips hungrily. Emilia glared at him playfully before turning her gaze back at the village. Angelique tilted his head to Emilia.

"This isn't your first time though," he answered back. Emeral gave him a short glare turning to the setting sun.

"Well this place is even creepier. Who knows what lurks in the shadows? It will be night time when we investigate. The blackening of the village happened at night. By the way, it's foggy. We won't be able to see properly. It's super fogged up," Emilia shot back with a rant. The teenagers sighed tiredly. Their bodies were half-slump as they sat on their horses. Hydra licked her lips nervously glancing up at the village. They were three quarters up the hill now.

"We should keep going," Hydra muttered tugging at the reins. Strong smell of horrible smoke drew the teenagers closer towards the fog. 

"Guys. What about the kidnapping and the Ferals?" Sylvynir asked worriedly. Jaden glanced at Alexandra who looked conflicted about going into the fog. 

"I have coconuts to throw," Emilia offered proudly. Fox glanced at her with confusion.

"I thought you only had one coconut left?" he wondered. Emilia smirked mischievously at him.

"Keyword, hun. Had," Emilia teased. Fox blinked at what she called him. Hydra and Sylvynir snickered. Emeral and Angelique shook their heads as the corner of Alexandra's lips tilted upwards whilst Jaden glanced at her.

"We best get going," Angelique whistled. They walked straight through the fog. It was dark and cold. The houses were still standing but the plants and vegetation had withered into nothingness. Flowers drooped down sadly as the teenagers used the lamp to glance around. 

"This is scary," Alexandra muttered under her breath. Who knows what lurks in the shadows? Emilia's voice echoed through their minds. Whoosh. Bang. The teenagers whirled around tightening their hand on their weapons. Wait. Weapons? Nevermind that. They received the weapons from jolly good old Lovei. Tension filled the air as the teenagers' eyes flickered around anxiously eyeing the shadows. They arrived at a random house that they heard the sound coming from.

"Helloooooooo, anybody there?" Emilia called out. Her voice echoed around the silent house. 

"Lol. Aren't I a dumbo? It's totally not exactly like the villain inside would say, 'Hey, I'm on an island. Want some coconut?'," Emilia joked slightly. 

"You gotta be kidding me Em. A joke?" Hydra snorted. Just as she finished an eery laugh erupted from inside the house. The teenagers tensed up upon hearing the laugh. Abruptly, the laugh stopped. Silence suffocated everyone along with the fog. The teenagers pushed the door open. It stank of smoke. Black slime dribbled everywhere. The furnitures were wrecked terribly. Suddenly, cold wind surrounded the teenagers. They let out a yelp and opened their eyes. They were back outside of the village. They stared at the fog. It seemed to grow more.

"What on earth?" Fox mumbled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating much as usual. I had to go out a lot. What do you think just happened? Comment below. :D.

1240 words.