Chapter 10: FERALS

1000 years ago

"Let's see if you care brother," Marithin spat with distaste. A furious scowl was fixed firmly on her face.

"You married a sl*t. Had an accidental child with her and you hate me. Oh well," she rolled her eyes with exaggeration. Jenna shivered uncomfortably. King Geroni had just rescued her in time before she was killed by his sister. Geroni glared angrily.

"Do not disrespect me," he growled in anger. Jenna ran her hand up and down his arm to calm him down whilst Marithin scoffed.

"What is going on?" a small voice asked. Jenna knew immediately it was her daughter.

"Noth-" Jenna started.

"There is something child. Your idiotic fooking mother decided to become a wh*re," she yelled at Jenna's child Amy who in turn whimpered.

"So pathetic and weak. Why'd you choose them as the heiress huh?" Marithin demanded glaring at them.

"Your throne will be destroyed," she laughed before rushing off. Marithin zipped into the woods with her knife clanking behind her. She stepped in the middle of the woods feeling furious with adrenaline rushing in her veins. A sudden hiss caught her attention. She whirled around and saw many people who are dressed rather darkly with red eyes surrounding her.

"What is this pretty thing doing here?" one asked. His voice was velvety and seemed very sweet like honey. His dark red eyes stared deep into Marithin's soul.

"I'm not a thing!" she snapped and shifted into a defence position. A few of the people chuckled coldly. Suddenly, one lunged at Marithin who backflipped and started to fight. More came in as Marithin let out an irritated growl. The leader stood in front of her pressing her against the tree. His lips crashed down onto hers. She stood still enjoying the feeling before snapping out of it and pushing him back struggling. His teeth grew into fangs and pounced onto her neck like a tiger. Marithin let out a groan of exhaustion as she turned to dust into his hands. The male blew the dust which slowly turns into the body of the victim before grinning.

"Thanks for your blood," they ran into the woods as their red eyes vanished and turned to their normal colours.

"What have we done?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Geroni stood beside Jenna and his daughter waiting impatiently and anxiously as his knights searched for his missing sister. He already lost his youngest sister because her lover killed her and their parents. The knights ran back holding a body in their hands.

"Your highness. Unfortunately, we found her. Her neck is ripped open. She seems to be attacked by the ferals who killed the early king, queen and princess," they bowed low. Geroni nodded blankly. Jenna frowned hoping that Marithin would wake up smirking and saying 'You got fooled bish'. Amy let out a cry.

"Aunty Mary," she whined staring at the body. Geroni closed his eyes before opening them.

"Put her in bed in her room," he commanded turning and headed into his office. He put his hands in his head feeling melancholy. Jenna sighed running her fingers along his arm.

"I'm really sorry, I'll leave you some time," she murmured as he nodded. Jenna quietly closed the door heading to Marithin's room. A scream made her rush to the door to see Amy's body torn apart. Marithin turned around with bright blood red eyes that sent Jenna's skin crawl and her spine shiver.

"You got fooled bish," she smirked just as Jenna had used to hope before slamming Jenna's neck to the wall. Jenna gurgled struggling to breathe. Her eyes were bulged largely and her face was turning blue and purple. It really did happen. She thought. Marithin was suddenly pushed away by Geroni.