Chapter 11: MEETING HYDRA

Ashen lands spread across the continent as far as it could. Flames licked the air as the village was filled with destruction. Villagers stumble away from their broken homes and ran as far as they could into the distance. Roars of monsters paraded around the village as if they own the land. A group of villagers ran as fast as they could with the leader holding the only surviving child in his hands.

"We must protect the only heiress of our village. If not. All of our history will be gone forever," the leader proclaimed. The villagers glanced around anxiously before taking off into the dry lands.

"Where will we leave her? We will surely die before we reach the other village. They were suppose to help us!" one of the villagers exclaimed pointedly. The leader frowned and kissed the baby lightly.

"They are our only strongest ally. I must let my daughter live. I had promised my wife," the leader sighed. His memories returned to the time when his wife gave birth to their daughter and the huge family promised to protect her. But the next day, the attack was sudden.

"They failed us! How can we know them as our ally when they ignored our pleas and cries for help?! They left us to rot. Those pesky villagers just want power and gold! Nothing else! They are really selfish," another villager pointed out. They reached the forest just in time as growls of the monsters appeared behind them.

"Mmm.. I'm hungry. Looks like we got ourselves some food boys!" the monsters cackled. The villagers glanced around feeling terrified.

"We're trapped. This is our end. We'll distract the monsters while you hide the kid. Then we'll fight till we die. It's useless," an old woman from the village muttered patting the child lovingly before pushing the leader into the forest. The leader glanced around anxiously before coming face-to-face with a pack of wolves snarling at him. The leader breathed before kneeling down with the baby in his arms.

"Take care of my daughter. I must go," the leader left the baby on the rock and kissed her gently.

"Be brave and strong," he murmured before rushing back to his dying villagers. The alpha of the pack grabbed the baby by the scruff of her neck gently and ran towards the witch's cottage. The witch cooed upon seeing the baby.

"What a good boy you are. I shall raise the baby as my own," the witch cradled the baby protectively stroking the baby's lovely face.

"You shall have a good life,"

---

Present time

The teenagers landed with a tired thump on the ground of a completely empty land. Nothing was left showing of what happened to the piece of land.

"This place used to be the Yuzi Village. I guess that they've been attacked and there is nothing left of them anymore," Jaden shrugged carelessly sliding off his dragon. They had landed near a random green area which seems to be a jungle.

"This is weird. How is the jungle in a middle of an empty piece of desert land?" Alexandra asked. The others shrugged as they walked into the jungle. Silence fell only the sounds of rustling made by their animal friends following behind them. 

"What are ya'll doing here?" a girl appeared. Her wild fiery red mane was tied into a braided bun and her hazel eyes glowed facing the teenagers.

"We were just wondering around here," Clifford shrugged as if nothing happened. The girl scowled at the unexpected intruders.

"How old are ya'll?" she demanded. The teenagers shrugged defiantly.

"We're 15. He's.. 18," Alexandra explained. The girl spun her spear around in circles as she looked thoughtful before shortening the spear into a blade and slipped it into her silver belt that she wore.

"I'm 13. What're yer names?" the girl asked. The teenagers glanced at each other before facing the girl boredly.

"I'm Alexandra, that's Emilia, Clifford and Jaden," Alexandra pointed out.

"Ah, I see," the young girl stared at the teenagers with a frown.

"What's your name?" Emilia asked bluntly. The young girl smiled bitterly.

"Hydra. The witch, my guardian told me I'm from Yuzi village. It seems that my father brought me here to hide me from the demons that attacked the village. Or I guess the monsters," Hydra explained. Emilia stared at awe at the young girl.

"That's cool. You're from the vanished village. That's what other people know it as," Clifford picked his nails. Hydra looked at him with disapproval. 

"Not really though. Our strongest ally decided to ignore our cries of help. They did not even help us. How horrid of them," Hydra shook her head with annoyance.

"What's the village called?" Jaden asked his fingers twitching. 

"The ally is called Monshoke Village. I know. It's weird. But most names are weird anyways," Hydra shrugged uncaringly. 

"Who else lives here?" Emilia asked looking around the forest.

"Apart from me? Well, the late witch and her creations. Now it's just me. Apparently, my guardian told me this jungle will end into nothingness on the 13th of September which turns out to be today. Her death anniversary," Hydra frowned. Just as she finished, the ground starts to rumble and shake horribly. The teenagers quickly swung themselves onto the dragons along with Hydra who looked a bit alarmed. The dragons took off into the air as they watched the jungle below them dissolve into empty land.

"Well... That was quick," Clifford bit his lip nervously before turning to Hydra.

"Where are we going now?" he asked. Hydra rolled her eyes bitterly.

"Back to your village. I guess the king wants a word with ya'll," Hydra grinned wickedly. Clifford swallowed nervously.

"The king?" he asked feeling mortified. Hydra nodded feeling pleased with herself.

"The king. He wants to.. you know. Question you about his dearest son," Hydra smiled lazily. The children sighed.

"We're so not going there," Emilia bit into her huge strawberry munching on it hungrily.

"You might need their help in the future. I assume that the evil people are going after you," Hydra replied smugly and swung her leg up to sit comfortably on the dragon.

"Keyword: going after. It's wrong.. THEY'VE BEEN CHASING AFTER US FOR 3 YEARS!!! THEY ARE SUCH PERSISTENT AND RESILIENT VILLAINS!!!!" Emilia shrieked with annoyance.

"They are surely invincible ya know. But don't let that get to you. Meet up with some village so you can gain more people to help you defeat the villains," Hydra uttered mysteriously. The other teenagers sighed.

"Righhhtt," Jaden drawled. Alexandra sighed with exhaustion.

"Looks like, we're meeting our dearest friend. DOOOOOM," Alexandra waved her hands around emphasising the word 'doom'.

"'s not gonna be that bad," Hydra snickered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't this exciting. More drama is going to be placed in the next chapter. Keep on reading!

1148 words.