Chapter 19: Two Sides Conflicted

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"HIEEE!" was the only thing Tsuna had managed to scream before a loud bang was heard throughout the mansion and the room was engulfed in thick smoke. Tsuna tried to stand up, cracks could be seen from where he was, and coughed. It was only a few seconds later when he saw that the robot ready to attack again. Fortunately, he already heard multiple footsteps from around the corner.

"Gola Mosca, stop." someone ordered. Tsuna didn't know what that meant, but he saw the robot shut off. He sighed in relief. He was just glad it was over. He was about to fall off when someone hugged him.

"Tsu-chan, are you okay?!" Lussuria asked as he checked all over Tsuna for wounds.

Tsuna nodded. Luckily for him, he was already in his hyper dying will mode before everything happened and he still was. The only thing unusual was that he never felt any pain from the attack, just from the impact on the floor. He was sure he was hit, so what happened? He was lost in this trail of thoughts, so he hadn't realized someone already talked.

"Why did this thing attack? It wasn't supposed to react to Varia members." Levi asked as he checked all the damage the robot caused before putting it in the same room it was before. Everyone just stared at him, dumbfounded. It was Bel who actually answered.

"Isn't that fucking obvious?" Finally understanding the message, Levi decided to shut up. They all actually had the same theory. Gola Mosca was designed to attack outsiders, but Tsuna was a special case. He was a Varia member, but at the same time, wasn't considered one by the robot, mainly because he almost had all the same characteristics as the 'brat' in the other group. What they all needed now was a more advanced technology.

They were actually silent for these few minutes when Xanxus began to move. "Tsunayoshi." he called.

Tsuna looked at him straight in the eyes as Xanxus stepped closer. By this time, he already got out of his hyper dying will mode to listen to what his 'older brother' had to say. It was rare for Xanxus to actually call him by his full name. It was important that the next statement really got him taken aback.

"Drop your position as the cloud guardian."

Tsuna looked at him wide eyes. He just can't believe what he had heard. He was really shocked he couldn't even speak but he still managed. There's no way he will let this slide. "Wha-? Why, Xanxus-nii? I thought you said that I was gonna be your guardian no matter what! You asked, Xanxus-nii!"

"I know what I said, Tsunayoshi!" Xanxus growled. Even he, didn't like where this conversation was going, but he had to. It wasn't just for his sake. It was for everyone.

"Then why?!" Tsuna snapped back, but it only made it worse. Xanxus looked like a lion who got out of his cage. He was already using his full authority that no one could ever defy. Everyone had already backed away in fear of what was going to happen.

"It's none of your fucking business." And just as he said that, a ball of wrath passed by their eyes and before they knew it, ashes were already all over the place. Despite that, Tsuna still stood strong. Not backing away from the argument. His bangs were already covered his eyes and he gritted his teeth.

"I hate you, Xanxus-nii." Although, as soon as he said that, he quickly covered his mouth after realizing what he said, but it was too late.

It was already the final straw. Xanxus had already calmed down when he heard what Tsuna had said, but there was still fierceness at his eyes. "Hate me all you want. I won't change my decision." Then he turned his back and left, leaving them stunned.