Chapter 20: Before the Match

------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yo! How's my boy doing?" A familiar blond greeted as he barged into the room. His goofy smile still attached on his face but there's something more than that. Everyone stared at the newcomer, a little bit shocked on what happened but quickly regained their composure.

"D-dad?! What are you doing here?" Ieyasu was the first one to react as he stuttered, still quite surprise by the sudden appearance.

Iemitsu frowned when he got that kind of reaction from his son and playfully ruffled Ieyasu's hair. "Oh come on, Iey. Can't I have a nicer greeting? Besides, didn't your mom tell you that I'm coming home?"

"She did but-" Ieyasu tried to explain as he tore away his father's hand on his head but was cut off by Reborn.

"Iemitsu." He called in a cold voice but Iemitsu just stared at him and laughed as if he was joking.

"Hello there, my friend! How are you doing? You're actually doing a great job at training Iey." He tried to start a conversation to lighten up the mood only to be given a glare from Reborn. His eyes promising pain. Iemitsu sighed. There's no way he could avoid the hitman's torture. And he was even trying his hardest to at least delay it. "Fine, I get it. How's Basil doing?" He asked as he turned to Dino.

Dibo smiled and guided him to where Basil is sleeping. "Don't worry, he's fine. He just needs a lot of rest."

Iemitsu nodded and thanked the Cavallone Boss for their service before he got into business. He turned around as he sensed Reborn just behind him.

"Iemitsu, we need to talk." His eyes covered by his fedora so no one could really tell hos expression.

Iemitsu raised both of his hands as if surrendering. "I know, I know. Please excuse us." And then he left for another room with Reborn following him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"So what do you want to talk about, Reborn? If it's about Varia, we probably only have less than ten days to-" Iemitsu started but he was stopped by Reborn like how he cut off his sone earlier.

"It's about your son." Reborn said.

Iemitsu quirked an eyebrow even though deep inside, he already knew where this is going. "Huh? Is anything wrong with Iey? I know he's bad-tempered and all but you know he's still qualified to be Vongola Decimo" There was a long pause after that. None of them said a word but not until Reborn spoke again.

"It's about Tsunayoshi." Then the temperature suddenly dropped. The CEDEF leader narrowed his eyes but still kept his cool. This is just his last chance to keep his son away from the mafia though he knew better.

"What do you mean, Reborn? I have no son named Tsunayoshi. You know that." Iemitsu asked, guilty he even said that.

Reborn glared at him already fed up by the man in front of him. "Don't even try to lie Iemitsu. You have twins as your sons."

Iemitsu sighed. Guess he really have no choice. He already expected that this would happen soon. "I really can't hide him from you, huh?" He looked at Reborn who urged him to continue. "Tsuna. He's really an innocent boy, you know? I really tried to hide him from the eyes of the mafia but my efforts are futile. He's going to be involved no matter what. I really missed him."

"And? Do you know what happened to him?" Reborn asked. It's better to know what the man knows about his son before saying anything. Who knows there's some important information he missed.

"I don't know. He's long gone. He ran away from home because of me. Because he's scared of the mafia. He heard it from Ieyasu. I still remember Nana and Iey's faces from the loss when I got home that day. I failed as a husband and a father."