Chapter 4: The Humble House That is Now Dubbed as the Craziest

Chapter 4: The Humble House That is now Dubbed as the Craziest

"TRASH! WHY THE HELL DID YOU PICK THIS HOUSE" shouted Xanxus as they stepped in front of the house. The house was just a small, simple, and normal house that a japanese can own. It was not a mansion nor a castle that the Varia own in Italy, and all other parts of the world. It may be small and easy to break but at least it has its advantage, no one in the mafia know this place so its safe for Tsuna.

"Mou~ Xanxus! Don't be picky! This is the the only available home where we can stay. Our HQ got destroyed moments ago, our vacation house is still under repair, and we can't go now to Italy or Tsu-chan here will be homesick" Lussuria, who picked the humble house, explained as he saw Xanxus not being tht violent. 'And that is also the reason I picked this' he thought.

Well he's not wrong. Xanxus is being unusually calm today. No throwing of bottles, no guns, no anything. Just his body (and his magic chair). So why is Xanxus being like that? Simple. A wave of nostalgia is attacking him.

A few years ago, when Varia is just recently formed with its core members, they had their first out of the country mission which is in japan. Since they are new when they got there, they have nowhere to stay. They have tried hotels and such but always ended up being kicked out because they destroyed something. Wait, let's be specific, the whole building.

They still have a whole week before they finish their mission, and the HQ they are planning won't be built until the next month so they tried to buy a place. But at that time, there are no available houses *cough* mansion *cough*. As they went and hunt a place to live, an old lady came up to them and offered to stay with her.

They almost declined the offer but seeing her loneliness and willingness to have them, they eventually agreed and followed the woman, hesitantly. Who can blame them? They are in the underworld, they are in the mafia, the most dangerous organization in the whole world, and they can't afford to endanger the woman, an innocent at most. But they may be the merciless and trained assassins that would kill whoever gets on their way, they still have their hearts.

The days of staying there was not that eventful but memorable. The woman did not only give them shelter, but also gave the foods, and other basic necessities. And though the woman is kind, she is also sometimes scary when scolding them for fighting with each other. This continued on like a routine. They momentarily leave her for mission purposes but still come back after. They have been grateful to her to the point that they left their favourite thing with her.

But the most unforgettable part of their mission was when the woman told them her story. Only a few more hours, and they will go back to Italy. They all said their goodbyes but the woman stayed silent for a moment before suddenly said something.

"You know, I am originally from Italy, and there, I had a son. And by now, he must be also the same age as you" She sadly said pointing to Xanxus. All ears are on her, listening intently to what she had to say. They were curious. Why the past tense? Then the woman continued.

"Back in Italy, my family was living in poverty and just as I said, I had a son who is the same age as you. And coincidentally, he looks just like you. But you know, living in poverty made me delusional to my surroundings. To think that back then, I thought that I have an affair with the most influential person in the world. I believed that my son is also his son" She looked at them with sad eyes before continuing.

"One day, I met him. I was happy and eagerly gave him my son. He accepted him and even gave me this house. But when I arrived here, I just realize something important. I just gave him my life. Now that I think about it, what he gave me back then was a symphatetic look. He's pitying me. Seeing as I have no way to contact him, I continued to live hoping to see my son again up and alive" She slowly walked towards Xanxus, kneeled in front of him and started to cry.