Chapter 16: The Calm Before the Storm

"I know this isn't the time to say it, but..." He started then everyone looked at him with curiosity. "Aniki, Dad's coming home."

"What?" Tsuna immediately asked and snapped his head towards Ieyasu, a frown lay across his face. "What did you just say?"

Ieyasu gulped and everyone, except for Reborn, froze in their place. It was the first time they saw Tsuna so angry that his eyes almost looked like they were glowing orange. He wasn't even that angry when he ran away. "I-I s-said Dad's c-coming home." Ieyasu stuttered.

Tsuna sighed and calmed himself down as he sensed his friends' behavior. It wasn't like he could blame them. Family topics were always a taboo with him, especially when his so-called father was involved. He didn't like him. Sure, he cared for his son more than that woman did, but leaving him then popping out of nowhere, saying that he was his father, that he loved him and cared for him, and then leaving the next day wasn't a happy thought. If Tsuna could choose, he would rather choose his 'mother' over him. At least with her he could be sure that she would not and would never give him false hope of having a caring family.

Well, enough of this family rant, it wasn't like he would ever go back home. He had already made his decision and there was no turning back. Besides, he had found a new one, right? Back to the present, Tsuna apologized for his previous actions and turned his gaze away from them. "Sorry about that...So...when is he coming back?" he asked softly. Even though he was a little angry, he was also a little bit curious about his return. He knew that something was going to happen when he come back.

Ieyasu breathed out the air he was been holding, relieved that Tsuna returned back to normal. For the first time, he could feel his inferiority to his brother. "I really don't know. Mom only said that he was coming back home again." he explained.

"Oh...Okay then." Tsuna muttered as he turned around, trying to prevent them from seeing his angry, but sad expression. His bangs were shadowing his eyes and his fist clenched. "Come on. We have to go home now. It's going to get dark soon." As he was about to walk away, someone wrapped his arm around Tsuna.

"Maa, maa, Tsuna. Do you want to hang out somewhere? There's still time before dark." Yamamoto said, trying to cheer Tsuna up.

"Takeshi..."

"Baseball-freak is right, Tsuna-sama! Let's do that!" Gokudera announced as he grinned at Tsuna. "Besides, you shouldn't think of family stuff too much. Mine is much more complicated and messy."

Tsuna sweat dropped at what Gokudera had said. 'He just said that with a smile on his face…But now that I think about it, Hayato is a son of a mistress and his father is the boss of a mafia family. Even Takeshi. I haven't seen his mother during the time I've spent at their house...' Tsuna looked at his friends and smiled. They were trying to cheer him up despite their own family problems. "Thank you, guys! But how about we do that tomorrow so we can invite the others?" he suggested.

"That's right! There's no school tomorrow! We could do that! Let's invite the kids too! Haha!" Yamamoto laughed.

"If Tsuna-sama says so, then it's okay with me!" Gokudera said and gave a thumbs up.

Ieyasu watched the whole scene as if he just accomplished something. He made the right decision to give them to him. He even became the bad guy for it and asked someone to initiate the plan. Even sacrificing the one he liked for his brother. They didn't deserve to be in the underworld. While he was in a trance, someone, like a certain spartan baby, kicked the back of his head. "Ow! What was that for, Reborn?!"

"You're just not paying attention." Reborn said as he settled on Ieyasu's shoulder. "See that, Dame-yasu? They were supposed to be your guardians, but what did you do? You just threw them away. Your brother has something that you don't. He respects them, accepts them, and cherished them as if they're family. That's what a true sky and a boss should be."