Like Tony Stark

The whole way the reactor works isn't like how it would in real life, though it would be a massive breakthrough in clean energy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Do you think that we could someday make a real life arc reactor?" Y/N asked Mal. She had been working on fusion technology for so long, and she was so close to giving up. It was really hard and there's a very small chance her idea would actually work, much less any other idea like it.

"Yeah, of course. But first, you need a break. You've just been working for like 3 weeks straight." Malcolm said in most normal voice he could manage. He was worried about the long hours Y/N worked for about 3 years now, trying to crack the code. Sure, this could be the biggest breakthrough in clean energy ever, but was it worth all this effort for a maybe? It made him really upset seeing Y/N just going down a spiral of possible ideas.

"Yeah, I could use a break. Maybe we could drive around in New York?"

"I love that idea."
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"Mal! Look! There's a bunch of cool junk in that dumpster! Can I take some stuff?" Y/N pleaded. She really wanted some scraps to play around with later, no matter how weirded out Malcolm would be. She used to do this all the time when she was younger.

"That's literally just trash and scraps, but I guess you could..."

"Thanks!" Y/N replied, already taking scraps and tools and putting parts together. She was standing there for about 15 minutes once she started that she was done.

"So what is it exactly?" Malcolm was an author, and decided to stay mostly out of Y/N's job and home office/garage. He had no idea how anything worked.

"Oh it takes the hydrogen from water and bumps them together to make heli-  DID I JUST MAKE A WORKING FUSION REACTOR! TELL ME I JUST DID THAT! I need to test it right now do you hear me husband?"

"Uh yeah. Here, take some water from the water bottle." Y/N grabbed the water bottle from Malcolm's hand and poured some into her contraption, and by the look on her face, it worked.

"Ok, so now I have a working prototype. Now I need to improve it. How to improve it, how to improve it?"

"You're seriously going back to this stuff? I thought we were taking a break."

"Excuse me, but I just created the biggest breakthrough in clean energy ever by using scraps I found in a dumpster, and I'm pretty sure I can make a better one once I get access to better materials at home."

"So you made it with a box of scraps? Like Tony Stark?"

"Exactly."

Sorry for ghosting y'all, I've just been waiting for Michael Reeves to upload, and now he did, so now I don't really have an excuse.

Also I need fun ideas.