Bookstore Cafe

Y/N was at her local bookstore, getting a new book she had wanted for a long time, Countdown to Zero Day, by Kim Zetter. She was super excited to go home and make a cup of tea and sit by the fire (at a safe distance, she couldn't spare her book) and read. But that was impossible now. It was raining, hard.

Since Y/N was going to be in that bookstore a while, she thought she might as well sit at the cafe and read. It was the next best thing she could do. She ordered a cup of nice, hot earl grey tea.

Malcolm was tired. He had so much homework due today, and he was up all last night finishing it. But as soon as he saw a pretty girl walk up to him, he was wide awake.

"Hello, welcome to the Ambrosia Cafe! What can I get for you today?" Malcolm tried not to stutter. He just couldn't help being intimidated by her beauty. Her hair was a bit messy, and her shirt was slightly raised on one side, but all that just enhanced her gorgeous features.

"I'll have a medium hot earl grey tea please." Wow, even her voice is heavenly.

"Sure! That'll be $4.99! Can I have a name?" I chirped, trying really hard not to stutter or mess up.

"Uh, Y/N." Wow. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

"Thanks." Y/N said shyly.

"Oh, did I say that outloud?" Gods, how much dumber could I possibly get?

"Y-Yeah..." Gods, she sounded adorable when she blushed. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad being trapped here after all.

This ending sucked. Not unusual I see...

Have you guys noticed how in the beginning I used to always write in first person? I sucked at 3rd person pov. I think I've improved! Yay me!

Also, the book in the story is a book I'm hoping to read soon. I usually read fiction (hello pjo fans) like Harry Potter and stuff. Basically fantasy. I'm trying something new.

Wow, I seem super outgoing in this A/N. The truth is, I'm writing in 3rd pov more cuz I'm too lazy to keep changing the pov. The book choice was a mix of 2 things. One was that I was getting Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time and it was right next to it. The second is that my uncle noticed how easily I could focus on reading fiction, and said that I should try nonfiction. Knowledge is power. So I decided to pick this book up too.

Also I don't drink tea. I googled Starbucks teas and found earl grey. And I chose a random price.

If you have any ideas, feel free to comment them wherever.