Chapter 8 (S3) - Hospital Results

Y/n was in his own hospital room. His entire right arm was hooked up to a machine and, even though the pain in his body was disappearing tears would still form in his eyes.
Nothing at the moment was happening leaving Y/n's head to focus on one thing and one thing alone, his fight with Dabi and it's climax.

"Again!" Y/n shouted out in his head, "I almost did the same thing I did to Bakugo. I'm never gonna change am I? This is just like Todoroki as well, I was so fixated on the fact that I needed the spotlight, that I didn't pay attention to who I was hurting. Damnit! I need to get my ideals straight, I'm a hero now, I can't let my ideal be the reason I forget that."

Y/n used his left arm to clean his tears then proceeded to stare at his uninjured arm, bringing back memories of the amount of attacks he through at the villain just to have a result of no avail.

"Endeavor. When I'm in those kind of situations I should start thinking like he does... Forget the spotlight and all that nonsense... That will be after the fight or save... Think like Endeavor... Think like my hero..."

When the hospital door opened up, the healed up members of 1-B were
all gathered up together, with a bouquet of flowers in hand. Their
facial expressions upon entering were
forced smiles that turned into real ones and relieved looks. It was clear everyone thought Y/n would still be unconscious.

"Guys." Y/n said, with a smile, "Am I really this famous now? Is this like the fourth time you visited?"

"Less, it's the second time." Tokage spoke up, "It's not that we didn't want to visit you on the first day, we just weren't aloud to, orders from our teacher apparently."

Kendō in the background gave a nod and walked forward, "We at first found it weird that we were aloud to visit everyone else besides you, but it then became clear on why it was like that."

"The reason is making me curious, but that's enough of me we'll continue the questioning later. How is everyone else, are they okay?"

"You betcha!" Awase assured, with a bandage around his forehead, "Pony, Shiozaki and Tetsutetsu woke up and everyone else is still recovering from the pink gas coursed by a villain."

"All to say Mr Y/n everything on our side is splendid, but how are things on your side because they seem pretty drastic."

"I'm always okay."

"Were not idiots," Kurioro pointed out, "Your arm is hooked up to a machine and that machine has a lot of wires connected to it, we can see there's an issue a huge issue."

"Fine." Y/n sighed, "I don't like speaking about it, but why not. So far I can feel my arm sure here and there it aches but there's nothing to really worry about, sure my arm does feel different but I think that's because before I couldn't use it all, I practically didn't have a right arm."

"Are you sure it's okay?"

"In my view yes, but I haven't gotten my results yet and since their taking so long there is a chance it might be bad."

"Your results are with me." A female doctor who looked to be about the same age as everyone entered, "I am happy you were all willing to come here and visit your friend, but now you all have to leave please."

"Your young." Awase pointed out.

"Internship, now get out."

The eight remaining members looked at one another reluctant, but with a nod from their class rep; Kendō, they all turned towards the door and left.
Monoma stopped by the door turning his face towards Y/n feeling guilty about something but ended up leaving anyway.

The doctor smiled as she watched his friends leave, afterwards she took a seat near Y/n' bed ready to explain his results.

"You have some good friends," The doctor said, pulling out her notebook, "Now if you are wondering how you able to move, the person I'm training under; recovery girl came here to help with the students healing, you were a difficult one since we had to first cool you down more... with that said you may move."

The doctor pressed a blue switch on a remote that made all the wires connected to the machine fall off and making the machine itself open up, revealing Y/n's bandaged right arm.

"That feels great."

"As i thought it would, before I give you your results I will first have to explain what exactly happened to you, now the human body has cells many cells and being born with a quirk cell grants you another cell which is seen as the effect Cell, this helps you not go pass your given limit, many quirks have different ways of showing this but some like yours have a brutal way of showing it."

"Learned that the hard way."

"Now... Your results, I have good news and bad news, but for dramatic purposes I will start with the bad news." The doctor turned to the next page in her notebook, "I don't know what you were doing, but your right arm was given way too much strain most of these notes consist around it."

"Expected."

"Basically, the beginning of your arm all the way up to the start of your shoulder meaning your shoulder has not been affected, anyway your arm suffered several severe burns, your veins of all things seemed to have boiled up to an extent, lucky for you they didn't burst, but still to say they were close to doing so, your skin opened up due to the burning and because of that your flesh stuck out and most of it was burnt as well at a certain point the burning made it to your bones, yes it burnt through your skin, through your fibre and revealed your bones, but that was only a small part, we checked your ligaments the part which protects the joint and it was steaming most of it was dark."

"Wow." Y/n commented staring at his arm.

"Luckily we have part of some good news, your arm at first was damaged beyond repair, but not anymore as you can see you have the capabilities of moving it, you can pick stuff up, you can squeeze them softly not hard because you might feel a small stretch of pain, in honest right your arm is parsley fine, you just need to find a way to not use it all the time, so when you write an exam take a brake for a couple of minutes alright."

"Oh that's all i-"

"I'm not done, yes you can do almost everything, but there is one thing you should not do, I mean one thing you should absolutely never do, it's very simple, very, very, very simple... Don't! Don't! Ever! And I mean ever, thrust your arm forward with force."

"Oh tha- wait a minute?! That's how I use my quirk, I have to move my arm back and strongly throw it forward so the energy can release."

"That makes sense, you were pushing it like that the whole time. Nevertheless, if you do use your arm like that, you have a high chance of pulling something and maybe paralyzing it."

"But what about my-"

"Your quirk? Well use it with your quirk and watch how you lose an arm."

"Hey doc, my quirk releases energy can you explain how that related to my body aching."

"Your quirk is somehow connected to an important nerve that hands your quirk the chance to travel through your veins, and I guess when you put to much strain on your quirk your veins start feeling the pain of the strain. Also again you pulling your arm back and throwing it forward puts more and more strain on your veins."

"So that's the effects of using an unstable base. How long will my arm be like this?"

"Right, there's a chance this might be how you're going to live forever we tried and this is the best outcome we could reach so far, sorry."

"We? They actually aloud you in the meeting room?" Y/n joked.

"Funny. My quirk makes me a protege so unlike you, I don't have to enter school to become what I want to become which as you can see is a doctor. But even though that's the case they still want to check my results as if they are wrong, but the-"

"Calm down. What's your name anyway?"

"Your my patient not my friend."

The doctor stood up and left the room leaving Y/n to stare at his bandaged right arm now with a new fear, how would his arm look if he opened up his cast.

"Can't use my arm, fun."

Y/n stared at the ceiling thinking. After a few hours of that he got bored and switched on the TV and something weird showed up it was All Might standing in front of a villain with a dark mask.

"What the hell?"