37. Unexpected

LIBBY'S POV

By the time I reached the airport I was a wet, snotty mess. I hadn't been able to stop the sobbing in the taxi ride and on several occasions the driver had tried his best to console me, unfortunately he hadn't done a very good job.

I tried to contain myself as I approached the ticket desk, my flight home had been booked for tomorrow but with the sudden change in my relationship status I just wanted to get home and now. Unfortunately my 'keeping it together' was ok until I needed to speak.

"I need to get home" I blubbed to the unexpecting lady on the desk. "My tickets for tomorrow, but I just need to get home." The woman behind the counter smiled uncomfortably at me, obviously wishing she hadn't been the 'unfortunate' who had to deal with the emotional, snotfest I'd become.

"Are you alright miss?" She asked as she started to look around in a panic, hoping to find someone, anyone better equipped to deal with the situation.

"No" I cried "I've just caught my boyfriend shagging this awful, horrible mean girl." I hadn't intended to tell her and from the blood red shade of her face I think she wished I hadn't. Well I'd started now so I might as well get it all out my inner voice was telling me "Only a couple of hours earlier he was telling me how much he loved me, he wanted me to give up my university place to move here to be with him." She was by now looking horrified and like she may possibly join me crying. "How can you fall out of love with someone in a couple of hours?" I asked loudly, not exactly to her more to the universe

"Come with me dear" I felt a gentle pull at my elbow from a much older woman. "Now let's see what we can do to get you home, shall we?" Although they both wore the same uniform I was in no doubt the woman ushering me away was the supervisor.

She pointed in the direction of a tiny room, inside there was a soft black leather sofa and two matching armchairs, spaced around a large mahogany coffee table. In the corner was an expensive coffee machine, but apart from that the room was bare.

"Now lovie, let's have a look at that ticket shall we?" She asked as she led me to one of the chairs, I did what I was told and handed it over to her. In return she gave me a cup of sweet tea and instructed I drink it. "I'll just be a couple of minutes, child" she soothed as she headed for the door.

I drank the steaming hot tea in-between heavy sobs, I just couldn't get the image of the two of them out my head, the smug look on her face when she saw me and her complete lack of ...well decency, as she continued to fuck MY ELLIOT. All he could say for himself had been 'oh shit' - oh shit, oh shit! I felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest and torn into pieces and all he could say was OH (fucking) SHIT!

By the time the nice airport lady returned I was beginning to hyperventilate. "Oh my" she exclaimed when she saw the state I'd gotten myself into. "Now let's just calm ourselves down and and take deep breaths" she encouraged. I had the feeling she was not one to be messed with so I did as I was told.

"Right well dear" she began as she passed me another cup of heavily sugared tea. "The bad news is I can't get you on another flight to Gatwick tonight, but the good news is there is a flight to Heathrow in just over an hour lovie, I've booked you onto that one, ok?" She watched as I nodded my agreement.

"So now that's all sorted why don't you tell me all about it?" She suggested. I told her the whole sad, sorry tale. I decided to gloss over the sex scenes as it didn't seem appropriate going into details to this nice, probably middle class, lady. It would be like telling my gran, and neither of us wanted to experience that.

Thankfully by the time I boarded the plane the sugar was starting to kick in and I had calmed down considerably. Despite the possible diabetes repercussions I felt a lot better. I was hoping this sense of perspective would last until I got home and in the confined of my room where only I'd need to witness my breakdown.