26. Blood

WARNING! - in the dialogue between the characters there is some strong language, my apologies if it offends anyone.

**********************

Tom's POV

It took me a minute to remember I wasn't in my own room, the evening before slowly coming back to me. I didn't have to look at the sleeping girl next to me to know she would bear a strong resemblance to Libby. No matter how many doppelgängers I slept with every morning I'm sneaking off unfulfilled. In my mind I'd elevated Libby to such an unattainable status no girl would ever match up, Jesus I doubted even the real Libby could come close to the fantasy girl in my head.

I could hear her snoring lightly next to me. She was still sound asleep so providing I didn't smash the place up during my escape, I should be good to go.

After locating my discarded clothes in a heap by the foot of the bed, I silently crept to the door and using all my stealth skills I snook out.

"Still stealing out of girl's rooms whilst they sleep, I see Butler" Elliot gloated.

I had been so engrossed on not waking the rooms resident up I hadn't noticed there was anyone else in the hallway. Normally I'd of come back at Elliot with a smart ass reply but I don't know whether it was because he'd caught me unawares or because deep down I knew he was speaking the truth.

"You are such a loser!" He spat not bothering to hide his disgust at my lifestyle.

'Patronising prick' I thought to myself as he stood toe to toe with me waiting for me to react. Who the fuck was he to judge me? Lording it up because he got Libby after my spectacular miscalculation two years ago, hmmm things could have been so different.

"What, not got anything to say? Finally admitted to yourself how pathetic you are?" His tone dripping in ire.

"Just what is your problem?" I spat back, loosing my temper very quickly.

"I haven't got a problem" He jeered into my face, "I've got the perfect life." He concluded.

"Sure you do, from here I'd say you were jealous." Although I didn't believe it myself I knew he'd take the bait.

"Jealous? Jealous?" He asked incredulously "You have got to be kidding me? I envy no part of your sad, sorry little life." He'd raised himself up to his full height so I was no longer looking down on him. "You have nothing I could possibly want."

"Freedom" I said smiling. "Unlike you I can do what and who I want, when I want." I was again smirking at him.

"Listen mate" he snarled, "I have the best of both worlds, I see her every other weekend, she's gagging for it by the time I get here. We spend a couple of days shagging and then I'm off." He shrugged his shoulders, his arrogance overwhelming.

"Your life's so great is it? Is that why you've been begging her to move to Scotland with you." I watched as his eyes widened and the smirk drained from his face.

"Sure I have" he quickly countered, trying to regain the upper hand.

"Oh right, so Libby's lying" I closely watched his face for a change in expression. "I suggest you tell her you don't want her to transfer as she's worried about telling you she doesn't want to leave." His face had flushed an uncomfortable shade of plum.

"You're so sad, if you are going to make things up at least have the good sense to make them even slightly plausible" He raised his eyebrows challengingly.

"How would I know then?" I replied, now it was my turn to shrug my shoulders. I continued before he could argue. "I'd be worried too if I was you, I mean it's only a matter of time before I'm sneaking out of her room one morning." I raised my eyebrows suggestively as I stared him down.