15. Flash

Tom's POV

Yeah Thursday had most definitely not been a date, after shouting at me twice for not coming up with even one idea she had stormed out the library muttering something about doing it on her own and lazy good for nothing. In her wake I was left to ride out the venomous stares from the ancient librarian, whose blatant disgust at our lack of respect for the hallowed, hushed quarter silently screamed at me through her twitching eye and clenched fists. She may have been old but I swear she was scarily fierce.

Not wanting to face the disapproval of either woman again I had spent the rest of the evening scouring through last month's online broadsheets. If I'm honest I'm not sure I understood most of it as there was far too much jargon and loquacious ramblings for me to be able to keep up. Finally I stumbled across a story about oil prices and insider trading, yeah this had promise I told myself as I clicked print.

Although I had found a possibility I knew Libby would not yet be impressed so I decided to take my printout home and do some further digging, with the hope by the time I saw her tomorrow I would have enough to rouse her interest.

*******************************************************

I looked at my watch again, where was she? Class had finished almost an hour ago, jeez had she really been that annoyed with me yesterday that she had blown me off and actually decided to do the assignment by herself. As I studied the time again I realised she was not coming, I could feel my irritation stir within me, I mean after all she was just pissed with me because I hadn't come up with anything but had she shown me any evidence of her ideas...no, not a jot. As thought again of the hours I had put in last night, trying to substantiate my ideas, foolishly wishing I'd be able to win her over with my academics. Oh boy was I now feeling pissed off.

I stomped over to her dorm room, my irritation growing with each step, as I internally swirled the events of the last 24 hours around my head and concluded she was again purposely just being a bitch. Well this time I'd had enough, she was out of order, and regardless of how much I wanted her, this time she needed to be told.

I drew in my breath as I knocked loudly and firmly on the door.

"I'm coming" Her voice sung as it permeated the door. Her voice sounded different, happy...no excited.

She flung the door open wide, her greeting smile almost took my breath away, and as I took in the rest of her I felt my lungs tighten as I realised I had forgotten to breathe, in fact I nearly had an aneurism. She had clearly not been expecting me, I thought to myself, as stood before me she was wearing a semi-transparent satin black robe that she had purposely left open so it didn't meet in the middle, leaving just enough of her body exposed that I could see underneath she was wearing nothing more that matching black lingerie. Unable and unwilling to drag my eyes away from the scantily clad girl of my dreams, I was conscious of my mouth hanging open, and I internally preyed I had control over my saliva glands, as dribbling spit down my chin was really not going to allure her to me.

As my eyes continued to rack over her perfectly pert breasts and flat stomach I concentrated hard on committing this image to memory, as I knew the likelihood of this opportunity presenting itself again was at best very slim. You sound like a perv I half-heartedly chastised myself knowing I would be recalling this very vision time and time again.

"What do you want?" She spat, dragging her clothes across her body and covering her modestly.

"I'll have some of that." I sneered pointing in her general direction and again looking her up and down. Although I had said it jokingly it was by no means a lie, I would jump at the chance of even just catching another glimpse of her body.

"In your dreams, loser" the male voice from behind disorientating me for a second, "I think you'll find that belongs to me." He added with sharp derision as he pushed passed me. Before I had time to come back with any kind of witty retort he had lifted her off the floor and wrapped her legs around him. The last thing I saw as he kicked the door shut in my face was her melted around him as he carried her towards the bed.

I felt sick - as I walked back in the direction of my room I couldn't get the image of the two of them together out of my head.

I felt angry - the thought of him touching her, being with her started a fierce burning inside me.

I felt stupid - what an idiot I had been, waiting around for a girl who was never going to give me a chance, well I'd show her.

I was jealous and I knew it, I needed something, no someone to distract me. In fact perhaps I needed several 'someones' to distract me, and what better time to start than now? I thought as I spied a familiar looking girl walking towards me. Even better I added as I recognised her as one of Libby's friends from the other night. Hmmm now what was her name again? Oh who cares it's not like I'll need to remember it again in a couple of hours.

Yeah let operation Shag-fest commence.

*********************************

Hiya I am sorry it is so short, but I am really busy and I knew I wouldn't have time to write a full chapter so I thought it was better to get something uploaded as it will be at least a week until I can upload again, sorry.