19. Monday Blues

Hiya, I just wanted to warn you there is some strong language in this chapter, with a sexual theme. I apologise for any offence caused.

***********************

Tom's POV

Thank God it's Monday, the weekend had been a complete washout. I'd spent most of it with girls whose names I don't remember and who all bore some kind of resemblance to Libby. Jesus I think I even called one by her name, things are seriously getting out of hand.

For once I was early, it was only a quarter to ten, but I had really missed not seeing her face, hearing her tell me off.

The room was filling up slowly with people filing into their usual seats. None of my friends had arrives yet, it would be at least ten minutes before any of them showed their faces. Every time the door opened my eyes shot to it, searching, hoping it was her.

I wasn't just there to perv, I told myself, I needed to speak to her about our assignment. We needed to get the study sessions back up an running, we only had a couple of days before we'd need to report back to the professor with our progress. With her legs spread all weekend I can't see her doing very much and if she thinks I'm doing all the work...yeah well she mistaken.

Libby's POV

Hmmm, I sighed despondently as I walked to my lecture. I really wasn't in the mood for this at all. After we'd gotten over Elliott's little break down the rest of the weekend had been fantastic, but boy was I missing him now. I had two weeks, well 11 sleeps to be exact, before I jumped the plane up to Scotland. God I missed him so much, when I thought of just how much I felt like crying, again.

Pull yourself together, I chastised myself knowing wallowing in self pity for the next two weeks would not make the time go any faster and it certainly wouldn't win me any friends. No I needed to get my head down, focus on my studies, so that a week on Friday, I can have a deadline free weekend with my boyfriend. I smiled to myself as I repeated the plan, a week on Friday, a week on Friday I liked that, it seemed so much nearer.

So with renewed enthusiasm I breezed into the lecture theatre and tried to focus on how wonderful the last few days had been.

Tom's POV

Oh shit, why does she always have to look so damn good, I wondered as she walked up the stairs and headed in my direction. With her eyes slightly puffy and face flushed I could tell she'd been crying. Call me a bastard if you like but there was a flicker of hope stiring deep inside me when I considered the possibility that her and her tool of a boyfriend had split up

I was practically grinning when she sat with her friends in the row in front of me.

"What are you grinning at?" She scowled, noticing my expression.

Did you have a good weekend?" I enquired, desperately hoping she'd say no.

"Yes thanks, I had a fabulous time...with Elliott." She gloated "But that doesn't answer my question, or are you just grinning because you're an idiot?" She snarled. Oh it's game on, I thought.

"I was just remembering the sight of you Friday afternoon." Her face instantly flushing, I smiled enjoying myself. "You know, in your skimpy underwear, all pouts and panting." Her friends had stopped talking and were all now listening to our conversation.

"Go fuck yourself Tom." She spat.

"That could be a little optimistic, but I've certainly wanked over the images in my head of your hot little body." Yeah I know it was uncalled for but I just couldn't resist wiping that smug, self righteous look off her face.

"Eurgh, you make me sick!" She snarled, throwing herself into her seat.

I chuckled as the professor and my mates walked in. The next couple of hours were a tedious blur. He was still droning on and on about cartels, oligopolies and their impact on lengthening the global recession. If it hadn't been for the view down the back of Libby's jeans I swear I'd have fallen asleep.

But my, was the view worth staying awake for, her top had risen up at the back a little so I could just see a slither of her milky skin leading into the back of her pants. It looked so smooth and perfect, I had to stop myself twice from leaning over and running my fingers across the narrow channel of bare skin. I knew it would feel like cool silk, I could imagine my fingers gliding around her waist and then onto that very spot on her back.

"Are you staying here all day?" Jack asked dragging me from my day dream.

"Ugh, what?" Was all I could reply. He shook his head and with the rest of my friends started making his way to the door, not bothering to wait for me.

In front of me Libby was still chatting to her friends. "Excuse me, Libby" I said tapping her on the shoulder.

"What do you want?" She snapped not bothering to turn to face me, from the smirk on her friends face I knew she was rolling her eyes.

"We need to work on the assignment." I reminder her. "Would you like to meet in the library, or should I come to you?" I smirked.

"Drop dead Butler!" She hissed as she quickly gathered her belongings and shoved them into her bag.

"Right well I'll see you in the library, about six?" I called after her, chuckling to myself imagining the furious look on her face.

I watched as she flounced down the stairs, only to be stopped by the professor, he glanced at me whilst she spoke to him for a minute before storming from the room.

Letting the rush die down I slowly made my way to the exit.

"A word, Mr Butler." Professor Adams ordered, stopping me in my tracks.

"I had hoped you and Miss McKenzie would have sorted out your differences by now. But I will tell you the same thing I told her..." He looked at me reproachfully. "I don't care, whatever it is get over it and learn to get along, okay?" I nodded my reply, he seemed happy enough and immediately went back to his papers, effectively dismissing me.

**********************

My apologies I know it's only short and that it's a filler chapter but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. =]