34. Mistaken

LIBBY'S POV

I'd quickly suggested we leave the party Friday night, my nostalgia was suddenly very tainted. Elliot's enthusiasm was exactly what I needed, I wanted to blot out the events of the corridor and what better way to do that than with my sex-starved, gorgeous boyfriend.

It was a little after six when I heard my phone ping to let me know I had a message waiting. Unfortunately my phone didn't quite understand I had no intention of waking up just yet and every five minutes it let me know I still hadn't read my message. After its third attempt I admitted my surrender and reaching over to my bedside cabinet I retrieved it.

'Morning Libby, can I still get a lift home with you or should I get the train? Tom' At twenty passed six I didn't care if he walked home I needed more sleep.

'Just wondering what was happening' his second text pinged my phone to life. Once again I read it and decided he could wait for my answer.

'Ok well I take it from your silence you are still pissed at me, so I'll get the train.' It was still only six forty five, I cursed Tom Butler as I finally gave up on sleep and text him back.

'No it's fine I'll pick you up, what time will you be ready from?' I asked as I shuffled into my slippers. By the time I made it downstairs I had my reply

'Now'

'I was thinking more like this afternoon, perhaps three-ish after dinner' I text my response whilst putting the kettle on.

'Oh, I think I'll still get the train then, I didn't plan on staying that late.' I shrugged my shoulders as I poured the steaming water onto the teabags in the pot.

"Libs pour me one please" my mum asked as she stuffed the washing she was carrying into the machine. "You're up early?" She questioned as she glanced at her watch. I nodded my irritated reply.

"What time you staying till today love?"

"Why, you trying to get rid of me?" I teased.

"No of course not love, the Dawson's have invited us round for lunch, they thought it'd be nice for you kids to spend sometime together before you all head off in your different directions." She said through slips of her cuppa.

"No!" I snapped a little too quickly, "I'll have to leave in a couple of hours I've got washing and reading to do, sorry." I hastily recovered.

"Oh, ok." My mum asked a little perplexed. "So what time are you thinking?"

"As soon as I'm ready, really." I covered.

"Good job I did the shopping yesterday then." She added as she finished her tea. She was referring to the huge food parcel she gave me every time I went back.

"Mum I'm going to jump in the shower, any chance of some breakfast? Then I'll head off." I put my empty cup in the sink as she agreed. She had her head in the cupboards getting my survival pack together.

'Change of plan, I'll be leaving by non if you still want a lift.' I quickly sent Tom a Texas I headed towards the shower.

By nine o'clock the car was full on food as was I. Whilst I was getting ready my mum had popped to the 24hr garage and filled the car with petrol as well - I love my mum! I gave her a long hug and thanked her for everything before I set off on the two minute drive to Tom's house.

'I'm on my way' I text as the thought of sitting with his dad for twenty minutes whilst he got himself ready was something I didn't want to do, so I hoped he'd be ready to go.

As I pulled up outside his house I could see him sitting on the step. He had a cap pulled down over his face but it was unmistakably him. Without a goodbye to anyone in the house he quickly made his way to the car.