20. Reunion

Libby's POV

The space/time continuum thingy is clearly fucked, I thought to myself, as I again looked at my watch. For the passed 12 days I'd watched time trickle by at an excruciating pace. With the anticipation growing stronger with every hour until I'd be on the plane, zooming my way to my Elliot.

Entering the final hour of class before I could escape to the airport I wondered how I'd managed not to combust. The excitement now thrumming through my veins, I could almost feel his familiar hands roaming the length of my body.

'Will it never end?' I moaned internally as I focused on the large clock at the front of the room rather than the boring lecture I was actually there to listen to. Today had been a waste of time, I needed to get myself together, I couldn't spend the next three years numbing out every second Friday because my hormones were in overdrive. No I had to get some sort of perspective, otherwise I'd drive myself mental.

As soon as the lecturer switched the overhead projector off I was bolting for the door, I thought I heard several comments from other students, most guessing I needed the toilet. I didn't bother to correct them, instead I continued my flat out run back to my room. My plane didn't leave for three hours and I didn't need to get there for two hours but I just wanted to feel I was on my way, I couldn't stand the wait any longer.

Within five minutes I was tipping shampoo on my hair, on another three minutes I was wrapping a towel around my wet hair and quickly throwing on the clothes I had left out on the bed this morning.

Fifteen minutes later I was hauling my carry on bag into the taxi for the twenty minute drive to the airport. Oblivious to the rest of the world I fidgeted impatiently in the back of the cab. After the taxi driver glared at me in his rear view mirror for the forth time I decided perhaps I needed to calm myself down, my constant bouncing around was clearly driving him insane.

For the rest of the journey I sat on my hands and focused on sitting still. A sign for the airport flashed by, I caught a glance at the 5 miles on the sign and sighed wondering how I'd contain myself. Just then I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket before the ring tone could even start up. I pulled it quickly from my jeans pocket and swiped it open.

"Hey baby" even the sound of his voice sent shivers through my whole being. "Are you on your way?"

"I'm just in the taxi, I'll be at the airport in a couple of minutes, but I've still got over a two hour wait." I whined, a little pathetically.

"Ooh so how are we going to pass that time?" he teased, I shook my head knowing his mind was dive bombing towards the gutter. "Obviously we'll be sexting, but if you have the time a few naked photos would certainly help me pass the time I'll be waiting in the airport for you." He chuckled down the line already knowing my face would be scarlet with embarrassment, the driver was again glancing at me in his mirror, I was mortified at the thought of him hearing what Elliot was saying.

"Stop that now!" I scalded, as the driver looked on amused. "I'm sure you'd prefer me in a good mood when I finally see you."

"No, I'd actually like you in a horny mood and finally up for a shag in the toilets if I'm honest but I suppose there's still a chance if you're in a good mood."

"Right well I've just pulled into the airport, I'll text when I'm in the waiting room, okay?"

"Don't forget the naked photos"

The driver pulled up outside the main entrance and I quickly pushed twenty pound through the gap in the window, grateful he hadn't bothered to comment on my obviously overheard conversation.

I rushed through the large double doors and onto the departures desk. in no time at all I was through check-in and heading for the overpriced coffee shop. I bought a large decaf latte and a huge chocolate muffin, well a girl needs sugar if she's to have stamina, as the image of our reunion flickered through my mind I felt my face flush with heat. I found a tiny table in the corner of the cafe and sunk into the surprisingly comfortably chair.

After a slurp of my coffee and a bite of my sugar fix I finally fished my phone from my pocket. I smiled warmly to myself when I noticed three missed calls and four texts from Elliot. I quickly read them.

So baby, what are you going to do to me this weekend?

Ohhh this must be good if you're still typing

Come on baby, don't leave me hanging

Shit Libby reply will you.

I chuckled at his impatience and quickly started typing my reply. "Sorry :( it took ages to get through check-in, so in answer to your first question, I hear Edinburgh has some fantastic museums and art galleries so I thought we'd check them out first."

"You're not funny, there's only one thing you'll be checking out, I'd be happy to send you a photo of the piece of art you'll be viewing this weekend"

"I NO NOT NEED ANOTHER PHOTOGRAPH OF YOUR PENIS!" I hurriedly typed knowing his pants would quite possibly already be round his ankles.

"Yeah but you want it, I know you want it." Although I shook my head disapprovingly, I was secretly thrilled he was as excited to see me as I was to see him.

"Oh I do, do I?" I teased

"Ooh yes, you want it over and over again"

"Calm yourself down, at this rate you'll be exhausted before I even get there, perv." I found myself grinning at my phone maniacally, and quickly glanced round the busy coffee shop to check no one had noticed.

The texts continued whilst I slowly drank my latte and munched my way through the enormous chocolate masterpiece which contained more calories per bite than I was used to eating in a day, but boy was it good. Before I knew it the announcer was calling the passengers to my flight, after one final text to Elliot I boarded my plane.

We were no sooner in the air then we were starting our descent, there wasn't even time for a coffee, I thought to myself as I joined the queue of passengers being herded off the plane. With the knowledge I'd see Elliot in little more than a few minutes I could hardly contain my excitement and anticipation.

The slow procession of the other arrivals through the gate was more than I could bear, I could feel the thrum of my heart pounding against my chest as I pushed passed the strolling passengers, desperately searching the faces of all those waiting eagerly for their loved ones.

"Libby" I heard his familiar voice, loud over the hum of the airport and turned in his direction. "Libby" he called again as he quickly narrowed the distance between us. I just had time to make eye contact before he was crushing me in an embrace which seemed to fuse us together. With his arms wrapped impossibly tight around me his lips found mine and he kissed me passionately.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you." He whispered into my ear when he finally broke our kiss. "Oh god I love you." He breathed heavily before capturing my lips again for another sensational and long over due kiss.

"I love you too." I answered when our reunion kiss was disturbed my an angry old man shoving into us as he muttered his disgust at our behaviour.

"I think it's time I got you home and out if these clothes" Elliot added just loud enough for the elderly man to hear him. He ignored his pointed glare as he almost dragged me towards a taxi and on to his new home.

************************

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to update, I've just had loads going on, but things are back to normal and I expect to be updating this weekly.