28. Confusion

Libby's POV

Predictably I'd been unable to avoid Tom, it seemed everywhere I went he was either already there or turned up within minutes. I saw him in class, in the library, in the coffee shop and obviously every evening as we prepared for the presentation.

Geez I was even starting to dream about him, as the memories of those dreams flooded my mind I felt my cheeks warm. For a girl who had a boyfriend she loved, these sleeping fantasies were really not appropriate. I don't know why but since that night in my room I just couldn't shake Tom from my mind.

I'd woken on Friday morning with the remnants of a Tom filled lurid dream still fresh in my memory; I shook my head with a mixture of despair and disgust at myself. With relief I remembered I only had to wait a couple of hours before I would be reunited with Elliot. My brain hurt as it swirled with excitement and trepidation over his arrival, the little voices in my head taunting and soothing me.

You've missed him so much

Are you so sure about that?

He makes you feel complete

He makes you feel suffocated and taken for granted

He is the love of your life

So why are you dreaming about Tom?

Elliot is your future

Perhaps he's your past

'No, no, no' I shouted at myself 'I want Elliot, I always have and I always will.' I tried to dispel the nagging thought in my head as I trudged towards the shower.

I was still preoccupied with my imaginary love-triangle as I settled into my usual seat for my lecture.

"So are you up for rehearsals this evening?" Tom asked cheerfully, patting me on the shoulder. Since our 'almost kiss' on Monday Tom seemed to be under the impression we were suddenly friends. He would think nothing of sitting next to me in the library or coffee shop, he'd started just dropping round to my room, uninvited, to see if I wanted to practice or study, and now with the physical contact as well it was all getting a bit too much.

I didn't realise but I must have been scowling. "What?" he asked bamboozled. "Is that look for?"

"I didn't give you a look" I protested, "And I can't see you at all this weekend, Elliot's coming down for the weekend." I tried to hide the relief in my voice.

Rather than respond straight away he pursed his lips as if weighing up the information I had just given him. "Wasn't he just here?" He asked and a little confused and a lot annoyed.

"And!" I bit back, "Since when was my business your business?"

"So I see the old Libby is back." He said curtly, he didn't wait to hear my snippy reply; instead he skulked off to his seat.

Tom's POV

Ok so she had a point, it was none of my business when her dick of a boyfriend showed up, but was there really any need for her attitude, I mean who does she think she is? As the lecture passed slowly I couldn't keep my mind from building a list of things Libby had done to piss me off.

1. She has used me all week, I've been at her beck and call, ready to help her with this presentation

2. The way she just spoke to me, I thought we were passed all this shit

3. Since Monday she's been leading me on, I mean what's her game?

4. And now she thinks she's going to flaunt that idiot in front of me all weekend