eighteen

"Y/n, I'm home!"

Your eyes shot open and your heart thudded harshly in your chest. For a moment, you thought you were back home with Revy and it really bothered you.

You grunted and turned over onto your back, rubbing your eyes.

A soft knock sounded at your door. "Y/n?"

You cleared your throat and sat up in the comfy bed. "I'm awake.. I'm awake."

"May I come in?" Your Aunt asked kindly.

"Yes." You made sure the covers were covering your bra as Moira entered the room slowly.

"What time is it?" You asked timidly. Your heart continued to hammer in your chest and you remembered why you were so scared.

"It's only 2PM don't worry, you didn't sleep the day away."

You smiled ever so lightly and Moira perched upon the end of the bed. She rustled around in her handbag and pulled out a small box.

"After work I went into the city. I bought you a phone and a new number. This is just in case you need to make a great escape from here so soon. I've already set it up for you. The only contact on there is me and you're saved into my phone as 'Boss #2'. Yeah, just pretend I have two bosses now." She chuckled softly.

She pushed the box over to you and you slowly opened the lid with a shaky hand.

"Thank you. This means so much."

Moria nodded and gave you a warm smile of reassurance. "I've also arranged something. I'll keep you here for a week, yes? I have an old trusted friend of mine.. I worked with him for years and he's recently moved quite a few cities over. My plan is to move you over to him until your 'Fiancée' gives up on you."

Your blood ran cold at Moira's mention of Revy. You had come this far into your journey and you were already having second thoughts. Turning yourself back into Revy wouldn't go so smoothly.

"Why are you doing this for me?" You held the phone box close to your chest and stared at the red haired woman with glistening eyes.

Moira stood from the bed and zipped her handbag shut. She smiled. "I want the best for you. Yes, we've not been in touch for a rather long time but it is also risky to have you here. She'll still be able to find you. You need to get as far away from her as possible."

You let her words sink in and immediately nodded afterwards. "Do you need clean clothes? I can wash yours whilst you shower?"

You let out a sharp exhale that you didn't know was being held. "Yes, please."

Moira lifted the polite, folded pile of your clothes from the chair in the corner. "I've left a robe in the bathroom for you by the way. Put that on when you get out and wait for your clothes to be done. There's also some towels in the drawers, feel free to use them."

You nodded meekly with a nervous smile and Moira opened the door with her free hand.

"Oh by the way? What do you want for dinner?"

Moira turned back towards you, awaiting an answer for her lingering question.

You stared off into space in thought. "Umm. How good are you at making a chicken stir fry?" You laughed softly.

Moira chuckled. "Just divine."

With that, she slipped out of the room and closed the door behind herself to give you some rightful privacy.

Shortly after the click of the door closing, your smile faded and you sighed in pure exhaustion.

You shuffled slowly from the bed and went over to the drawers in search of some towels. You grabbed two folded towels and rushed across the hall towards the bathroom.

You started the shower and kept your hand under the water to test the heat. You shuddered as the temperature turned from freezing to a reasonable warm feeling.

Your limbs ached but you went on to remove your underwear and step under the warm water. You drew the shower curtain and stood still beneath the pouring water.

The immense heat poured down onto your sore body and you revelled in the satisfying feeling.

Your knees began to shake and you slowly sat down, hugging your knees close to your chests. The water soaked into your hair and skin. Another sigh left your swollen lips.

A lump formed in the back of your throat and you stifled a sob. You had begun to feel so overwhelmed with emotion and it was becoming unbearable at this point.

"I miss Revy." You whispered to yourself whilst warm tears mixed itself with the shower water.

It was true. You missed Revy, but you were so depressed. You weren't truly happy despite the fact you love Revy very much. You had never meant for any of this to happen, you were trying to tell yourself that running off was nothing but an impulsive decision.

You sobbed, resting your forehead onto the top of your knees. Your chest heaved and you hiccuped with every sob.

"I miss you."