twenty-six

hi:)

"Do you think she's actually dropped off of the radar..?"

An obnoxious squeak in an office chair sounded, as the man sitting in it, known as Benny, turned around.

A moment of silence after his frustrating question.

"I hope not. That girl has already gotten herself into quite some trouble." Spoke Dutch.

His arms folded, cigarette between his lips.

Another moment of silence, followed by a soft sigh leaving Benny's lips. He turned back around in his chair and lowered his head.

"I sure hope they're both okay, anyways. I'm still hearing a lot of chatter from the house explosion- ah.. uh, Revy's home." He awkwardly finished off the sentence.

Dutch closed his eyes and rubbed his eyelids with his thumb and index finger.

"The idea for a wedding was stupid. Such a big event attracted a lot of attention from the public." Dutch shook his head.

Benny leaned back in his chair, turning to the side and raising an eyebrow.

"Now, they're both AWOL." Dutch finished off, flicking his cigarette out of the window and turning around to walk out of the room, leaving a thoughtful Benny on his lonesome.

Revy stood on the outskirts of the hospital grounds, her trench coat buttoned up to hide the deadly weapons on her hips.

She surveyed every wall, every window, keeping a close eye out for you. She was so invested with you, she remembered what your silhouette looked like.

Her mind was playing games with her. The angel and the devil on her shoulder, were wondering if they should kill you or let you live. Obviously, the rage inside of her, told her that you flapped your tongue to the police and told them everything. The angel, however, thought otherwise and you unfortunately caught and claimed to know nothing about your 'captors'.

She grunted to herself, making her way to the back entrance of the hospital, slipping her way past workers unnoticed.

The bright lights made her squint slightly as she cautiously turned corners, keeping a close eye out for any staff or security. Perhaps it was only a matter of time until someone would catch onto her suspicious behaviour via security camera. She circled round to an unoccupied desk, taking one last cautious look around before leaning down to the keyboard.

"Pfft.. well.. this shouldn't be too hard. Come on you piece of shit.." Revy grumbled, frowning impatiently whilst tapping on the slim keyboard.

She clicked on random tabs, trying to make sense of what she was looking at. Continuing to frown, she managed to get ahold of the current patient list, endlessly scrolling as she scoffed in frustration. Her eyes narrowed over towards the search bar. She clicked on it, peering down towards the keyboard and typing in your name slowly.

There you were, your name being the only one appearing on the screen.

Revy clicked on your name and no doubt it was you. Your full name, including your middle name, date of birth, height, weight, etc. A list of your injuries that you had also turned up with in the back of an ambulance. The bittersweet picture of you on the profile was you at 16. It was the same one on your drivers license.

Revy couldn't help her lips that curved upwards into a warm smile. Seeing you at such a young age, young, pure. It was sweet, she was staring at the photo, her chest tightening slightly. A soft sigh, clicked further to discover your room number and floor. After a few moments, she closed all tabs on the computer and left it how it was, looking around and heading towards the stairwell.

Revy pushed open the doors, stomping her way up the stairs. Once she reached the correct floor, she peered through the glass, taking note of the empty corridor. She pulled the door open, staring back and fourth and then stepping out into the corridor, making her way to your room whilst counting down the numbers on the side of the wall.

"God fucking damn it! She's gone, she ain't in there!!"

Distant voices caused Revy to rush to the wall, edging herself around the corner and peering at two officers standing in the doorway of your dimly lit room.

"Fuck! Alright, call the station, we need to conduct a search right now."

"Yes sir!"

Revy raised an eyebrow, pulling herself from around the corner silently. She stared at the floor in thought and then narrowed her eyes up towards the window.

"Ugh, I knew this wouldn't be easy. Always such a brat." She rolled her eyes, heading back into the stairwell and hurrying down it.

You hurried through the cold streets, hugging your arms close to your chest as you constantly checked over your shoulder, breathing heavily as you gasped out in fear.

You stopped behind a bus stop, catching your breath and sitting down whilst hugging your knees close to your chest, gripping onto your hospital gown.

"Ugh, deja vu.. I hate bus stops." Your chest heaved up and down quickly as the cold breeze of the night nipped through your skin harshly.

"Ahh fuck it's cold.. I knew i should've grabbed a damn jacket or something.." You huffed, shivering and shaking uncontrollably.

You sniffed, wiping your nose with the back of your hand and subtly rocking back and fourth.

"Where would Revy be..? Or Benny or Dutch..? Ugh.. those guys move locations so frequently it'll be impossible to know where they are.." You scowled, grumbling in annoyance from the cold and the harsh thought of what to do next.

"Ugh...it'll be fine.." You reassured yourself, taking deep breaths to calm yourself down and to hopefully grow used to the cold around you. You had no shelter for the night, just the back of a dainty bus stop in the middle of a desolate street.

You hoped and prayed that Revy would somehow show up next to you. So, you lowered your head into your knees and closed your eyes, doing your absolute best to ignore the horrible temperature that tortured you immensely.

This would be a long night for sure.