twenty-two

A month had passed by since the incident and your wound was healing rather well, but you were stuck in a crippling state. The news had dropped your missing persons reports as Revy had purposely framed your death within the car wreck. You didn't ask her how she went about doing it, Revy was capable of anything, you learned.

You were currently pondering over the pearly white wedding dress sitting pretty in your shared walk in closet. Memories of the day you had purchased the dress came tumbling back towards you quickly. The doubt you had felt as you looked forward towards the future.

Now, here you stood with your wedding just a few days away. The only people attending would be you, Revy, Benny, Dutch and another woman by the name of Balalaika. You had no idea who she was nor what she looked like but her name sounded intimidating enough.

A nervous chill ran itself up and down your spine quickly as you let out a shaky sigh.

Revy was already talking about having a kid with you. Perhaps a sperm bank or maybe just adopting. You were nervous about the thought of pregnancy but you'd do it for her, you loved Revy very much.

You stood in front of the body length mirror in yours and Revy's shared bedroom. You were naked, staring upon the many dainty scars littered upon your body. Your waist ached and the stitches still remained. It was a long and slow recovery despite the fact you were healing rather well.

Revy was eager. Your were still in pain.. mentally, emotionally and physically. In your current state, you would be unable to fight back against anything. Revy knew what she wanted and it was you. She would stop at nothing to marry you in the next few days.

The door clicked open and Revy's eyes immediately locked onto your bare back. She closed the door gently behind her and approached you. You felt her calloused hands wrap around your scarred waist and she hummed in delight.

"Hello, you."

You grimaced slightly at the thick seductiveness laced in her comforting voice.

She looked at your reflection with delight, burying her face into your tangled hair and inhaling deeply. "I'll never get tired of your sickly sweet scent; drives me crazy."

Revy giggled, pulling away from you. She immediately noticed your lack of movement and how you stood so uncomfortably.

"What's up? You need help with showering or something?"

Slowly, you nodded, looking down at your bare legs. Revy wasted no time in gathering many towels for the shower. She snaked an arm around your waist and placed a gentle kiss onto your jawline. You smiled as she gently took your hand, leading you into the bathroom.

Revy started up the shower, stripping herself down and tossing her clothing into the hamper. She then turned back to you, brushing your hair out of your face and cupping your cheeks in her, rough, calloused hands.

"So beautiful." She commented with a toothy grin.

She felt the temperature of the water and wasted no time pulling you under the drizzling liquid. You gasped slightly at the sudden feeling, gripping onto Revy's waist and leaning against her.

The red haired female laughed and closed her eyes, leaning down to nuzzle her face in the side of your neck. Her damp hair stroked passed your cheek and you shuddered, weakly still holding onto her.

"You're so soft, Y/n." She commented, rubbing a hand up and down your bare back slowly.

You shuddered at the surprisingly comforting contact and melted against her. A smile painted your face and you rested your head onto her shoulder.

You both stood there under the warm water for a little while, simply embracing one another.

You couldn't stop yourself from smiling, you had fallen so deeply in love with this woman and you thought you were crazy at first for doing so.

"To think.. you'll become my wife in the next few days." She spoke with a genuine smile.

Her words sunk in so simply. You rested your head against her chest and listened to the pitter patter of water droplets hitting the bath below you both. You were so close to her, pressing against her bare body and you felt nothing but bliss in this moment.

She stroked your wet hair, scenarios bustling through her head with you in the future.

You, on the other hand, stood motionless in her arms, wondering how your wedding day would actually play out. The state you were in as of now wasn't too healthy, so you'd remember that day with a slight dull ache coursing through your side. It wasn't how you'd want it to go, perhaps painkillers would be in your favour. You wanted the day to be special.