eight

A couple hours passed by and dinner time rolled around. Revy was walking up to the elevator to return back to the room with you.

You were currently curled up in a ball on your bed, shaking. You had been like this ever since you saw yourself on the news pronounced as missing. You were terrified if Revy and the others would've saw that too. Your overthinking mind spun round in circles. If they found out, would they just kill you and dump your body somewhere?

The front door opened and Revy stepped in, throwing her trench coat over one of the couches and stretching.

"Y/n!" She called out your name whilst gazing over the seemingly untouched furniture around the room. The balcony door was still open. Revy sighed and strolled over to the draft, she closed the sliding door.

"Y/n!" She called out for you once more and upon hearing no answer, she shrugged and made her way down to where you were.

You lay upon your bed facing the wall, shaking nonstop.

A knock at your door pulled you out of your horrific trance. Your breath hitched in your throat as you slowly turned to look towards the wooden door.

"Y/n, you in there?"

You opened your mouth to speak but nothing came out. A small wheeze escaped from your throat and you groaned gently in fear.

Without another word, Revy twisted the handle and opened the door, peering her head inside as she locked eyes with you. Her eyebrows immediately raised in concern but she suddenly frowned straight afterwards, "Y/n, what the fuck? You haven't been in bed all damn day have you?" You shook your head timidly and turned away from her. Just looking at her made your stomach do flips in so much fear.

"Have you eaten? I noticed you left your plate on the coffee table."

You mumbled a small 'yeah' in response and closed your eyes. Revy could easily sense that you were upset. I mean, you've been upset ever since this whole situation took place days ago, starting with your work exploding.

"Y/n." She spoke your name sternly.

You felt the bed dip as she sat on the end, "Feeling sad are we? That's not so surprising." She smirked and studied your face that had been casted with small cuts and bruises.

You sniffed and let out a shaky exhale, "I don't wanna die." You croaked out.

Revy raised an eyebrow. She hadn't thought about killing you once this whole ordeal had ended; but letting you go would be too risky. Maybe if you just cooperated and gave them what they wanted, you'd have a small chance of living.

"Killing you would be stupid. You still owe us information. You'll be sticking with us for quite some time. Then again, it's Dutch's decision whether or not you live."

Your eyes welled up with tears and your eyelids parted slowly. You hiccuped and broke into a soft, continuous, sob. Revy stayed quiet, she averted her gaze to the floor.

"I saw myself on the news earlier. I'm reported as missing and I'm so scared.. I don't want to die." You gripped onto the bed covers and continuously cried. Revy let your words sink in, she hummed in thought and stood up slowly.

"We're not killing you anytime soon. Perhaps if you cooperate we'll make you once of us. Really, you have no choice; it's either that or death for you."

You wiped away your tears.

"Even if you do escape, we will end up finding you.. and we will kill you."

You kept trembling in fear. Her words sunk in perfectly. This was reality and you honestly couldn't believe it. Everything that had taken place in the last couple of days seemed so surreal.

Revy folded her arms and stood by the door.

"May I ask something of you, Y/n?"

Slowly, you sat up and rested your aching back against the bed board. You made eye contact with the red haired female and awaited her next words.

"I would like it if you spent the night in my room with me.. it's just so I can keep an eye on you. I'm really worried about you, Y/n." The end of her sentence was laced with a mischievous tone. Your chapped lips parted and your eyes widened by the slightest.

Revy smirked widely and stood patiently ahead of you, waiting your answer. You knew that saying no would be a big mistake. You exhaled shakily.

"S.. sure."