two

"Wake up sleeping beauty." An unfamiliar voice chimed within the doorway. Your eyelids shot open as you locked eyes with the culprit.

An older man with blonde hair shoved into a messy pony tail, accompanied with glasses too. He held a glass of water in one hand and a plate of toast in the other.

"You've been out for quite some time so, I figured you'd wanna eat and drink once you had woken up."

The blonde haired male set down the small plate and glass down ahead of you. Your tilted head pulled itself up as you pressed your back against the cold wall harder.

"Who are you?" You managed to speak up.

He cleared his throat, "Ah, sorry. The name is Benny." He gave a soft smile in an attempt to comfort you despite the distressful position you were in.

With a frustrated grunt, you averted your gaze from the man and decided to cut straight to the point, "I want to go home."

Benny sighed intently and folded his arms, "I'm sorry but that can't happen. That research facility you worked at is nothing but shrubbery and you hold information that we need."

You rubbed your temples in thought and mumbled, "I don't even understand what it is you all want. I'm not special or anything. Why couldn't you of chosen someone else for this? My colleagues are assholes anyways."

You were indeed an outcast at your job. Nobody had really paid attention to you. So with the inspiration to push on with your research, you worked independently and over the years became a brilliant mind. The research that you devoted your life towards was archeology and the knowledge of history. You took pride in the work you did, but the company you worked at had a shady inside. Your bosses and the people above you were very secretive and took part in illegal activities. They would sliver their way under your skin and use you to help their activities. You were bribed even to keep quiet.

However at this moment, you decided to play it dumb.

"Your colleagues died in the blast and fortunately, you were the only survivor."

Those faces that you once saw come and go everyday were no longer in your life. A part of you ached with sorrow but you cared extremely little. It served them right from how poorly you were treated there for many years.

"Now, we would just like to know a few things. You'd be willing to help?" Benny pushed his glasses up onto his nose more and studied your facial features.

Ratting out your now dead superiors wouldn't mean anything. Perhaps laying low after you did so would be a good idea. After all, maybe they had connections outside of the facility.

You shuffled closer to the sustenances before you and let out a shaky sigh. Never before in your normal life did you think this would happen. You were always so monotone.

"I don't know anything."