twenty

Sharp pain coursed through your right side and your eyes darted open. Your forehead ached a continuous pain and your breath hitched in the back of your throat due to the agony. It was horrendous, you could barely comprehend the terrible feeling.

With your whole body aching, you slowly rose from the rather soft mattress below you. You flinched at the hectic agony within your side and you peered downwards to see your whole torso wrapped in bandages. Blood soaked through the right side of your waist and you winced as you sat up.

"Oh man." You mumbled, the panic beginning to settle in.

You gazed around the room and immediately recognised your surroundings. You were back 'home'. In Revy's house. This time, you were stationed in the spare room like how you were when she first brought you home.

You made an attempt to pull your legs up and out of the thin blankets. You were taken aback to hear the rough jingling of shackles clasped around your left ankle. "You're kidding."

You groaned and stared up at the ceiling, doing your best to ignore the pain.

You glanced over towards the window and noticed a heavy padlock clasped around the newly fitted handle. You were on high security it seemed.

"Why am I alive?" You spoke softly to yourself. You were surprised that Revy didn't kill you on the spot when she found you.

Your stomach grumbled loudly and you sighed out.

"How long have I been out for?"

As if on cue, the brass door handle twisted and the door opened effortlessly. Your head made a sudden turn towards the silhouette standing in the doorway. You recognised this person anywhere.

Revy stepped into the room and closed the door behind herself. She was holding something in her hand but you couldn't quite see what. She noticed the fright upon your face.

She placed a hand onto your waist and leaned down. "I need to change those bandages."

Her voice laced with no emotion, your heart and mind raced nonstop. You couldn't sense anger nor sadness and this really frightened you.

She began unwrapping the neat bandages from around your torso. Her hands were surprisingly gentle but quick. Your sticky blood held onto the bandages rather well as Revy pulled the once white fabric away from the wound. You stared down at the sterilised and stitched up wound and wondered how you were alive still.

"You hungry?" Revy asked in a demanding tone as she continued to unwrap the bandages. You jumped slightly.

You pursed your lips and nodded. "Y-yeah."

Revy wiped away some of the old blood with a sterilised cloth and you winced due to the stinging sensation. You let out an exhale of pain. Revy then began to wrap around your waist some fresh bandages.

You stared at the tattoo on her arm and your eyes flickered up to her dark red hair. Tears began to well up in your eyes and you stifled a sob.

Revy made sure the bandages were secure on your waist and she stood up from her kneeling position.

At this point, you couldn't stop the tears from falling. You sobbed out loud and Revy noticed this clearly.

"I'm so sorry I'm so so so sorry, Revy."

You buried your face into your palms and broke out into loud wails.

Revy stared down at you. She sighed deeply in defeat and knelt back down next to your bed.

"You're still wearing the ring."

Upon hearing Revy's voice, your crying settled slightly. You hiccuped and brought your hand away, staring at your beautiful engagement ring.

"I couldn't bring myself to take it off." You sniffed and watched it glisten in the light blaring into your window.

Revy loved you so much. When she found you helplessly crawling from the car last night, all of her anger seemed to slip away. Seeing you in so much distress pulled her heartstrings a little too much. At this point, she was relieved to have you home safe.

"Why did you leave?"

She stared down at your blankets with her eyebrows knitted into a frown. For once, she had patience.

You wiped away the remaining tears on your cheeks. "It was such an impulse decision.. I felt so pressured because you wanted marriage so soon." You sniffed, staring at your Fiancée with uncertainty.

Revy trailed back to how your aunt looked, sprawled out on the wheel with pieces of glass embedded into her pale face. With your strangled sobs in the background of her swarming thoughts, the guilt began to settle in slowly.

"H-How did you find me?" You asked with a tremble.

Revy sighed. "With Benny's help, I managed to figure out where your family members were living. Your Auntie, Moira O'Deorain? Database said that she lived in the next city over.. so I took a wild guess that, that's where you were headed. Turns out I was right. One day after you left, Benny gave me her address so I drove."

Your head ached the more you thought. Your tear stained face portrayed barely any emotion because you were just too drained.

"Why did you shoot the car? Why did you kill her?!"

Revy shook her head and looked you dead in the eyes. "Baby, I never meant to kill her. It was supposed to be a small impact, that's all."

You shifted uncomfortably and your bottom lip began to tremble once again.

"I know I risked your life, too. I was reckless, Y/n I'm sorry."

You were completely taken aback by Revy's string of apology. You expected her to be absolutely furious with your sudden disappearance, but no.

"Why are you apologising? I thought you would've been mad at me." You gulped and whispered softly.

Revy's eyes began to well up with tears, it was the first time you had ever seen her cry. "Because I don't want you to leave me." She cleared her throat and stood from the side of your bed, wiping away her tears in haste.

"I love you more than you can imagine, Y/n."

You stared down at your bruised hands. You loved Revy the same amount. You realised how unbearable it was when you had ran off almost two weeks ago.

"Revy, I love you too."

Her lips slowly curved into a smile upon hearing those sweet words.

"C-can you take this shackle off? Please."

You gestured towards the metal cuff clasped around your ankle. She shook her head.

"No, I can't. I don't want you making anymore 'impulsive' decisions during the night."

You understood how she had lost quite a large amount of trust for you.

"How can I earn your trust again?"

Revy headed towards the door and placed her hand onto the brass handle.

"Hah, once you've married me."