seven

Your eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the suns rays that shone through the curtains. You yawned and slowly sat up, the bed covers glitzing down and exposing your chest. You were still very tired and rather hungry.

Slowly, you removed yourself from the comfy bed and headed towards the clothing Revy had bought you. You slipped on underwear and got dressed without a second though.

Opening the bedroom door, you were instantly met with complete silence and the stale smell of cigarette smoke. Revy was nowhere to be seen and there was breakfast still laying on the food cart by the door. You headed towards the food and picked out french toast topped with egg and herbs. Even the breakfast was decorated neatly.

You sat by the TV and began eating quietly. You figured that maybe Revy had gone back to sleep after eating? Maybe she left the suite entirely.

Half way through eating, you placed the dish onto the table in front of you and got up from the couch.

"Revy?!" You called out her name nervously and made your way into the kitchen. Upon moving in there, there was a note casually stuck to the fridge written by Revy herself. You picked it from the door and sighed, "Why couldn't you of just put this by the cart?"

It read:

I'm leaving the room for a couple of hours. I locked you in and took the key with me. Make do with the food on the cart, I'll be back before dinner - Revy

You laughed to yourself. Reading that note in your head as the form as Revy's voice, she sounded less aggressive to you. You placed the note onto the island and left the kitchen. Considering there was almost nothing to do, you perched upon the couch and switched on the TV.

You lifted your legs up onto the couch and sighed gently, relaxing into the couch's material.

You channel hopped and stopped almost instantly as soon as the news came on. Your currently relaxed posture suddenly turned tense as you leaned forwards.

There were reports of your work building. Helicopters circling it and many police vans surrounding the debris. Your jaw dropped to the floor and your heart sunk into your stomach. There were pictures of your colleagues appearing on the screen as they were named off one by one and confirmed as deceased. Your eyes frantically moved around the screen in a panicked manor, your head beginning to pound.

Moments passed that felt much longer than they actually were.

Your blood suddenly ran cold as a photo of you appeared on screen clear as day. The reports said that your body was nowhere to be found.. so it seemed that you had been reported as missing.

Your eyes traveled down to your hands as your vision blurred. The amount of panic building up within your chest was too difficult to even explain, "Oh my god.. my god.. o.. oh shit.."

Slowly standing from the couch, you made your way over to the front door and began practically yanking at the handle in desperation. You wanted to go, you wanted to leave so desperately and let everyone know that you were alive and well.

"Please.. please.." You begged to yourself quietly and began sobbing gently. You banged on the door and tugged violently.

You stopped and backed away from the tightly locked door. In a heartbeat, you turned on your heels and made a sprint for the balcony. You pulled the door open and ran out past the pool, approaching the edge slowly. The wind blew through your messy hair aggressively and you peered over the large barrier around the balcony. It was extremely high up. Your stomach churned as you slowly backed away. You were quite literally trapped up here and had no idea what time Revy would be back. The continuous panic kept building up inside of you and it was difficult to calm yourself down considering you were currently completely alone.

"Revy please hurry back.."

You stumbled back inside whilst shakily inhaling and exhaling. The clock upon the wall read 1:38PM. You hoped to god that Revy would return soon. There was no spare key around, you had to go you had to leave and tell everyone that you were okay. Would Revy and the others let you go? Would they even understand?