five

After a good couple of hours of sitting beneath hot water, an impatient Revy ended up banging on the door, "Y/n! Haven't killed your self have you?!"

You rolled your eyes and reached up to turn off the water. Revy took the sudden lack of noise as a no.

"Room service just came. There's food if you want some."

Your ears perked up. The last thing you ate was toast from Benny and you barely ate all of that. You hopped out of the shower without a word and began drying yourself off with the towels neatly folded by the hamper, ready to use. You sighed and wrapped a white gown around yourself after towel drying your hair a bit. You left the bathroom without a word still.

Revy stood upon the balcony with a cigarette between her fingers. You looked straight at her as she puffed away like a chimney. Your nose automatically scrunched itself up from the terrible smell of cigarette smoke cascading itself into the room.

"Smoking is bad for your health." You leaned against the balcony door frame behind her and gave a dazed blink.

"I appreciate the concern, but i don't care, sweetheart."

You furrowed your eyebrows. The way she called you sweetheart stirred your stomach in some sort of way you didn't understand. A long silence filled the room for awhile and you just kept staring at the back of Revy's head. The cool breeze from the balcony glazed across your skin from under the gown you wore, gently.

"Mind if I eat?" You perked up timidly.

Revy flicked the cigarette off from the balcony and turned to face you with her hands on her hips, "Why are you asking? I said you could." She rolled her eyes in slight frustration and walked ahead on past you to the food cart sat invitingly by the door. It was filled with gourmet food and ravishing dishes that you just couldn't resist. You had never seen so many appetising features on a plate before. You reached out for a plate of food and brought it beneath your nose, inhaling its gorgeous scent. You could barely explain how hungry you were, your stomach felt as if it was just caving in on itself and it began to hurt.

So, you sat at the dining table without a word to Revy and began eating your food slowly. Being kind on your stomach, you took your time since you felt so sick having not eaten for god knows how long now.

Revy stood by the cart and gazed over at you. You seemed to relaxed yet so tense and it didn't make any sense to her. You silently dug into your food without looking back at her. You were indeed a mystery to the two handed female.

Revy grabbed some food of her own and joined you at the table, across from you.

She watched you eat small bites and cooed every time you sniffled. She began eating herself, but the deafening silence of the room just kept eating away at Revy.

"I would've expected you to be so talkative whilst in a position like this, Y/n." Revy broke the undying silence and rested her chin onto the palm of her hand. You looked up at her with droopy eyelids and shrugged.

"I'm so tired." You replied nonchalantly. It was the truth, you had never been so drained of your energy before like this. You looked like you had been dragged through hell twice.

"Mm, you don't look so hot." Revy smirked and continued eating her food.

"The sun is setting, it would be a good idea to get an early night sleep." You suggested with a frustrated sigh. Revy couldn't help but rub her temples in confusion. You pushed the empty plate into the middle of the table and rose from the wooden chair hastily.

"Y/n."

As you began walking away. The sound of her voice calling your name made you stop in your tracks.

"I really do not understand your damn personality. You were so scared when we caught you, now you seem so calm. Aren't you scared."

A few moments passed before you turned around to face the red haired female.

"You blew up my work and all of my colleagues are dead. I have practically no family. I feel like i've got nothing to lose. The only thing i'm worrying about is my houseplants that i'm unable to tend to at this time."

Revy sucked her teeth and stared deep into your eyes.

"So, you're not afraid of dying as of now?"

You reluctantly shook your head. To tell yourself the truth, you were afraid of dying. It was just in this moment in time, you were far too tired to care about quite literally anything.

The room fell silent yet again and Revy hummed softly in an attempt to collect her thoughts for another question for you.

You sighed, "What room can I take?"

Revy averted her gaze towards the balcony door, "Definitely not the master bedroom."

She took advantage of your compliance and aggressively stood from her chair. You jumped slightly and watched her move over towards the balcony.

Without another word, you let out a shaky exhale and quietly made your way down to your bedroom.