ten

The next few days consisted of you moving from the hotel to Revy's actual home. You settled in nicely after the red haired female let you accommodate her spare room.

As for the episode of her dominating you some nights ago, she apologised profusely to you. You were truly amazed how someone like her as tough as nails was able to soften up to you so quickly. You even gave the trio information and explained certain things about your now deceased superiors. Even after spilling their secrets, Revy was still attached to you. Over the course of just a couple days, she grew extremely protective of you and treated you like no other had done before.

Benny and Dutch scolded Revy about this and told her that it wasn't such a good idea to keep you to herself like that. But, Revy was blinded by what seemed to be love and grew more fond of you everyday. Plus, the two thought it was dangerous to keep you behind closed doors like that. If the authorities found you whereabouts, they would push forwards with a team of police officers no doubt. Then again, Revy would have no problem dealing with them, it would just cause trouble that would be unnecessary for the trio.

You sat comfortably in your bed reading a book. Revy had just returned home and made a beeline for your room. She entered your room without knocking and you jumped.

"Revy!"

Without a word, she made her way to you and pulled you into a tight hug. With your eyes wide, you slowly wrapped your arms around her warm body.

"I miss you, Y/n." She pulled away, still holding your shoulders, and peered down at you with lustful eyes. Revy had been working more over the last few days.. more than usual. When she came home, she would always greet you with a tough hug regardless of where you were.

The burning feeling inside you ever since the incident at the hotel continued to grow as the nights went by. It was a familiar feeling.. like some silly crush you once had in high school that faded over time.

"I miss you too, Revy." A genuine smile painted itself across your face. Revy cupped your face in her large hands, she smiled and hummed in delight, "I never thought that coming home to someone like you would happen."

Your glassy eyes stared back into hers and you closed your eyelids slowly. You felt so nice and warm whenever Revy showered you in compliments or just held you.

"I'd like to give you a little something that I've been keeping away from you."

Revy reached into the pocket of her trench coat and pulled out a small box.

"I've made my decision with my feelings regarding you. You're my soulmate. I've never believed in that crap up until I met you."

She knelt on one knee and opened the small box. A silver, glistening, engagement ring sat cozily in a small, velvet, pillow. You gasped in awe and covered your mouth.

"Revy.."

She smiled and tilted her head to the side.

"I would like to spend the rest of my life with you, Y/n. What do you say?"

You looked away with tightly shut eyes and shook your head frantically, "Revy! It's not even been two weeks since we met! I can't do this now."

She pursed her lips in what seemed to be in anger. Revy had never experienced this amount of love before, she wasn't expecting to get rejected so easily, "What? You don't want to marry me?" She frowned and her eye twitched.

You shuddered in her sudden change of tone and slowly raised from your position on the end of the bed.

"I'm not saying I don't! Just.. not now. It's far too early."

Revy exhaled in frustration and stalked you into the corner. She dropped the box onto the floor, causing the ring to fly out of it and roll over to the door. Revy slammed her hands on either side of you by the wall and leant down next to your ear. You trembled and stared up at her with wide frightful eyes.

"I don't think you understand how much I love you, Y/n. You can't just say no. As a matter of fact, you will marry me. I get what I want.. and I want you."

Her words sank in so easily. Your bottom lip trembled and you nodded quickly. The adrenaline coursing through your veins made your blood run completely cold.

"Good girl."

She chuckled and ran her finger across your jawline gently.

"I'll always love you."