twenty-five

hey so it's like almost 3am and i cannot be bothered to proofread because i'm so tired💀💀 so pls ignore any typos<3

Fiddling with a loose fabric strand on your worn hospital gown, you looked up and tried to contain the high levels of anxiety that was present. The detective was due to come back any day now, and you were terrified of Revy getting the wrong idea; y'know.. seeing you at a POLICE station and thinking that you'd rat her out. But why would you?

"Mmm.."

You hummed in thought, bringing shaky fingers up to your mouth as you chewed on the fingertips, your eyes flickering over to the window that lead to the outside world.

You glanced back behind you, making sure nobody would make a surprise entrance into your room, and slowly climbed off of your bed, wincing and scrunching up your face in displeasure.

The window before you had a small latch that prevented it from opening anymore than it already was; which wasn't that wide.

You let out a frustrated sigh. Luckily, you were on the second floor and below you was a van than would break your fall. Of course, you were planning to make the great escape through the window. Luckily, the sun was setting slowly, so perhaps you'd have a better chance of getting away under the dark sky.

"I gotta break this thing.."

You grumbled in frustration, tugging on the latch and frowning with a light sigh. You turned around, scanning the room for anything that you could use to break the latch. Nothing.

Not much longer now. Hopefully you'd have enough time to break out before the Detective makes a return.

Stale cigarette smoke, a ticking clock and a still woman sitting in a comfortable arm chair in the darkness of her comfortable bedroom. Revy sat quietly, her mind spinning and revolving around you for the last few days. She had lost you and for once, it made her stop and think for a good while.

Since the wedding day, Revy had not moved much from her home. She had been moping about, thinking of ways for you to come stumbling back into her life. Although the police had you under their watch, that wouldn't stop the red haired criminal from making a move to come for you.

"Bastards. Everyone always gets in the damned way." She spoke to herself, under her breath.

With a small huff, she leaned back in her chair, lighting another cigarette between her slightly chapped lips, and crossing her legs over one another. She leaned her head backwards, gazing up towards the ceiling and thinking of only you. Never before had she been so obsessed with someone, it was fascinating.

"I'll take her down with me if she spills."

She puffed on the cigarette, rising from her chair and opening the curtains to her window.

Immediately, she spotted a few police cars lined up outside of her house.

Revy cursed under her breath, gritting her teeth and tossing the lit cigarette onto the bedroom carpet suddenly.

"Gah..! That little bitch!"

Revy wasted no time grabbing her dual pistols and lighter, rushing downstairs and snatching her black trenchcoat off of a hook on the way.

She knelt down next to the half full bin in the kitchen, flicking her lighter on and setting the trash on fire. She stood up quickly, slamming open the back door and soon knocking the bin over with one swift kick.

Revy then sprinted out of the back door, her mission now to retrieve you from the hospital.. one way or another.

After awhile, you had managed to quietly break the safety latch on the window with a broken handicapped handle that you had retrieved from the bathroom.

You opened the window wide, peering down at the bushes below and swallowing thickly, shuddering as the evening air hit you suddenly.

The sun was setting, perhaps the situation was in your favour and you could safely escape under the cover of the darkened lands around.

You took a deep breath, wincing and lifting yourself up and onto the window ledge, sitting on the edge and dangling your legs over the ledge cautiously.

You swallowed thickly, letting out a fearful whimper and stepping down onto the ledge outside of the sliding window.

"Okay.. just., take it easy, Y/n.. don't rush." You tried desperately to reassure yourself.

A few shaky breaths and you shimmied your way across the wall, keeping your back lightly pressed up against the outer hospital walls cautiously.

Eventually, you came to a stop and peered down at the bushes below you, shakily letting out a small huff of nervousness and closing your eyes. There was nowhere else to go now but down. You'd take your chances and plummet into the bush below you.

"Okay.. three.. t-two.. one!"

As the last number left you lips, you pushed yourself forwards and fell into the bush below you, successfully having your fall cushioned.

You gasped suddenly, emerging from the leaves and crawling your way out, scrambling towards a tree and shakily standing up on your feet as you leaned against the tall, wooden trunk.

"Ohhh my gosh.. ohhh wow..!" You took a few minutes to catch your breath, letting out small laughs and swallowing thickly.

"Ohh man.. okay.. okay.. you did it. You did it!" You giggled to yourself, celebrating your intact bones and looking around the half empty parking lot.

"Time to find Revy."