Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Once everyone is at the Ice Rink we head in as a group. We quickly collect our skates and head straight to go and put them on not wasting any time at all. I end up waiting for Loki again though as he struggles to put the skates on again. I quickly help him and place both our shoes in the same locker. I help him onto his feet and out onto the ice again.

Loki murmurs “I’m not too sure about this Brooklyn I don’t want to make myself look a fool.”

I comment “Just hold onto the side.”

Loki grips the side of the rink and looks around at the others. There are a few who I know will fall over so it’s just waiting for them to fall over before Loki so he will hopefully become more confident.

Rocco skates up beside me smiling “I bet I can beat you in a race.”

I grin “You’re on. Three times around the rink from the entrance nearest the lockers.”

Me and Rocco go to the entrance that I was talking about and got Raya who was passing by to count down for us. We quickly push off though once we’re allowed to and I take the lead quickly being faster than Rocco anyway. We skate around twice but on the third circuit Loki manages to move away from the wall and unfortunately right into my skating path making me collided with him making both of us fall over. Loki lands on the ground with a pained yelp and I land on top of him with a pained groan.

I moan “Well that’s going to leave a mark.”

I roll off Loki and slowly get back to my feet. Rocco skates over quickly and steadies me as I hold my shoulder in pain. Loki tries to get back to his feet but fails falling back onto the ice with a pained moan. Phoenix skates over and he holds his hand out for Loki to grab. Loki takes hold of Phoenix’s hand and my Leopard immediately takes notice growling protectively inside of me. Unfortunately the growl seems to emanating from me again and my eyes have changed to my Leopards. Phoenix quickly notices this and releases Loki with a sympathetic look.

Phoenix explains “Brooklyn’s Snow Leopard is extremely protective of me and Thea because of our past.”

Loki nods his head but I can see the questioning look he’s sending my way. I shake my head to put off my Leopard. Loki can be trusted now. He’s never made a move to hurt anyone I doubt he would do now.

Rocco lets go of me but stays close. I turn and offer my own hand to Loki. He hesitantly takes my hand and I pull him up.

I comment “Sorry about that I should have been paying attention to where I was skating.”

Loki announces “No I shouldn’t have come away from the edge.”

I notify “No it’s good that you tried skating away from the edge.”

Rocco smiles “I’m going to say that you won that race Brooke as you were quite far in front of me before your collision.”

I smile “Hell yeah I was.”

Rocco laughs then asks “You two okay though as that was quite a tumble.”

I admit “I’m okay.”

Loki admits “I’m physically well also.”

Rocco smiles “I’m glad.”

Phoenix hugs me while commenting “You need to be more careful sis.”

I hug him back while notifying “That’s too boring but I’ll consider it.”

I notice Loki looking at both me and Phoenix longingly but his gaze shifts quickly once he’s realised that I’ve caught him staring.