Chapter Eight

Edited 05/01/2015

Chapter Eight

After an hour or two I call it quits and decide to bring Loki to the kitchen because by now it’ll be dinner time. Well near enough to dinner time.

Me and Loki casually walk into the kitchen and I find that Thea, Zoey, Skye, Gabriel, Rocco, Maya, Athena and Esme are in here already. I quickly go and sit on the counter while making myself a coffee.

I ask “Loki do you want a coffee?”

Loki admits “I don’t know what that is.”

I admit “It’s a drink that has a lot of caffeine in it.”

Loki shrugs his shoulders which I take as that he would like to try some.

Esme comes over to me and pushes me slightly while smiling “I know you may be the head enforcer and I know that you’re injured but even so you’re still not allowed to sit on the counter while I make dinner.”

I ask while hoping off the counter “What’s for dinner by the way?”

Esme admits “We’re having spaghetti Bolognese.”

I smile “Yeah something I like.”

Esme asks “Are you saying that you don’t like my cooking?”

I notify “No it’s just you cook some of the things that I don’t like eating like that fish pie we had the other day.”

Thea smirks “Yeah that was horrible really fishy.”

Esme snarls “Very funny Thea you’re such a comedian.”

Thea smiles “No that’s my sister.”

I laugh “I try.”

Once I’ve finished making the coffee I take both mine and Loki’s mug over to Loki. I offer Loki his mug of coffee then begin to sip mine.

I admit “When dinner is served you might want to quickly pile your plate with all the food you want because even though Esme usually makes too much it all goes quickly.”

Thea smirks “That’s what happens when you have twenty five mouths to feed.”

I smile “Yeah well now we’ve got twenty six mouths to feed.”

Loki nods his head. I can tell that he’s feeling a bit uncomfortable in front of everyone. Wait until everyone is in here then he’ll have something to feel uncomfortable about.

I ask “How long until dinner by the way?”

Esme admits “About ten to fifteen minutes.”

Thea smirks “So about time to call the rest of the clan down then.”

I exclaim “Call the stampede!”

Thea gets to her feet and darts out of the room most likely to call for the others.

I suggest to Loki who is standing awkwardly in the corner of the room “You might want to get a seat now before all of the seats are taken.”

Loki nods and quickly comes to sit beside me looking even more awkward than before. I nudge him with my arm and mouth ‘relax’ to him. He nods his head and let’s his body relax slightly although from the look on his face I can still tell that he’s worried.

I once again feel the urge to soothe him by giving him a hug but I decide against it. I don’t like him that much. I wouldn’t call him a friend yet more like an uneasy ally.