Chapter Twenty Seven

*Time skip three days*

Three days of talks. Three days of boredom. Three days spent pretty much solely in an office that is not my own. Three days spent with limited access to Loki.

With the talks finally over and done with we can finally leave but not before there's a celebratory party. Scott's idea of course. I doubt Morgan really cares for this party, but he's got to appear enthusiastic for our new allied clan. The talks went extremely well with Scott being incredibly eager to join our Clans. We both get to call on each other for aid as and when needed.

I'm in my assigned room with the trouble maker getting ready for the party. He's been reasonably well behaved over the three days. He did try to come into the meeting room a few times but Rocco and Raya always managed to steer him away. They taught him some more about Shifters and even trained with him a little bit. He and Rocco did have an argument at one point but from what I've gathered it was because Loki was being rude to Raya.

I'm getting changed into a white floral sleeveless halter neck two-piece mini playsuit. I've got a pair of gold studded, open toe, strappy gladiator sandals. I've got my hair up in a high messy ponytail. Eventually once I'm dressed I'll tackle my makeup. Might as well make an impression other than cold hearted, alert bitch while I'm here. If I can go away with people thinking I'm a hot, cold hearted, alert bitch than that's a mission won.

Loki is getting changed into a complete black suit. I tried to convince him wear more than just black as he'll get too hot but that was an argument I was never going to win.

Loki asks out of the blue "Why have we got to make an appearance at this event?"

With a prolonged irritated sigh, I explain for what must be the tenth time "We're expected to make an appearance because we've just secured an alliance with this Clan and usually everyone involved is happy that an alliance has been formed and wants to celebrate the formation of such a thing. Forming an alliance between Clans doesn't always go to plan so having one form so easily is something that's to be celebrated. Plus, it's the Skyline's way of saying goodbye for now and celebrating our time together."

Loki points out "You don't sound all to thrilled about going to this."

I admit "That's because I'm an anti-social bitch at the best of times. I hate formal gatherings with people I don't particularly know all to well. It doesn't matter if we're all on good terms or not. Plus, who knows what these peoples taste in music is going to be like, it could be some boring shit like classical music."

Loki objects "Classical music is not as you put it boring. It is an art form of music much better than whatever was played on our way to this place."

I chuckle "Look at you Mr. classical music lover over here. I didn't mean to disrespect it I just personally find it boring and shit. It usually puts me to sleep."

Loki asks quite clearly dumbfounded by my hatred for classical music "How can classical music send you to sleep? Does the work of Tchaikovsky on his eighteen, twelve overture have the ability to put you into slumber...? Does the work of..."

I interrupt before he gets too heated "Hold your horses there cowboy, it's my opinion and there's nothing you can do to change my opinion."

Loki looks over at me for the first time since I changed and does a double take. His mouth hangs open as he stares at my bare legs and my body.

I smirk "Close your mouth before you catch flies."

Loki denies disgusted "I would not catch any flies inside of my mouth."