Chapter Fourteen

Edited - 05/01/2015

Chapter Fourteen

Later that day sometime in the evening and after I have grown bored of being in the library I finally make me and Loki emerge from it. I had been doing some fashion designing and Loki had been learning some more about Shifters.

As we pass a window I see a bright flash and I notice Loki immediately jumping in shock. I’m not too bothered about thunderstorms surprisingly unlike Thea who doesn’t particularly like them.

As I quicken my walking pace to head to the kitchen I notice Loki has frozen by the window.

I ask while turning to face him “You’re not scared of thunderstorms are you?”

Loki opens his mouth but whimpers slightly when the thunder sounds. Well that answers my question then.

Now being the nice person I truly am I grab Loki’s hand and pull him along the hallway not giving him a chance to be fearful of the storm and more fearful of where I’m dragging him.

After about five minutes of me dragging Loki around we end up in the kitchen. Not many people are in here which is surprising but the one person who I didn’t want to have in here with us is again in here. God dam Greta the God dam Cow! The others in here are Zoey, Gabriel, Jacob, Skye and Athena. Athena is currently cooking. If Athena is cooking then that means we’re having her infamous spicy chicken.

Loki flinches quite visibly as another thunderclap can be heard. I sigh and rub his back discretely as I try to calm him down. Loki jumps at my touch and looks at me with questioning eyes.

I roll my eyes at then leave him to claim a seat at the table. As I sit down Loki quickly sits beside me.

About half an hour later everyone piles in for dinner and Athena carefully dishes up the dinner of spicy chicken with potatoes and broccoli.

Just as I take a rather large bite out of the chicken Greta grumbles in question “Why is that thing allowed to sit at the table?”

Roxy replies in defence “I was asking myself the same thing. Why are you allowed to be sitting at the table Greta?”

I snort and have to cough to clear my airways of food as I begin to laugh.

Eventually I add on “Especially when you create such a mouldy smell Greta you should really have a shower or something the smell of death doesn’t suit you.”

Before Greta gets a chance to respond Morgan announces “Brooke have you made up the rota for when we leave for North Carolina on Thursday? Have you decided who’s coming along?”

I admit “I haven’t had a chance to make the rota up just yet what with me having to babysit sulky here but I know who I want to come with us.”

Loki grumbles “I do not sulk.”

I smile “Yes you do trouble.”

Loki huffs and goes back to eating.

Morgan asks “Who are you brining with us?”

I announce “Rocco, Jett and Raya.”

Greta huffs “I bet you don’t even have a reason for choosing them. Nora is stronger than Raya why not take her with you.”

Raya turns to Greta with her mouth open ready to argue but I beat her to it but explaining “No offense Raya but I agree that Nora is stronger which is why she needs to stay here. We can’t take all of the strongest Enforcers with us otherwise the clan territory would be at more of a risk while we are away. Jacob and Pierce work best as a team. I’ve chosen those who I’m taking very carefully. Each Enforcer is paired with another so that they cover their strengths and weaknesses.”