Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

I head to Morgan's office where I suspect that the Alpha pair and the Beta pair will hopefully be. Loki is following me even though I told him it was probably better for him to stay in the kitchen with the others as he wouldn't be allowed in when a meeting was taking place.

I urge "Loki either go back to the kitchen or your room or even the library if you want as you won't be allowed in."

Loki objects "I want to stay by your side Brooklyn just in case."

I comment "It's not like I'm in any danger."

Loki argues "But you're injured."

I argue "For fucks sakes Loki my injuries have been seen to there's nothing you can do to make me heal any faster."

Loki admits "I could use my magic to heal you."

I object "No thank you I don't want you using your voodoo powers on me not when I'll heal soon enough anyway."

Loki denies "I do not have voodoo powers!"

I roll my eyes and notice that we've arrived at Morgan's office.

I notify "If you're going to be a pain in my ass and persist on staying nearby then wait here if at any point you decide to go somewhere knock on the door and tell me."

Loki comments "I will do so."

I knock on the door and wait a second before entering giving Loki a stern look before shutting the door. The Alpha pair and the Beta pair are indeed in here.

Morgan sighs before notifying "You don't need to be here Brooke."

I object "Don't treat me like an invalid because I got injured by Greta. I've already had Loki doing that and it's already pissing me off."

Roxy comments "She has every right to be here as Head Enforcer babe. Not letting her join in on this meeting when she runs security would basically mean you don't respect her decisions."

Morgan asks "What do you think then Brooke?"

I admit "I think you should give the old cow another chance. I may not like her very much but I wouldn't want her to be exiled. I don't think you want her to be exiled either. She has never done anything before which has made you question her loyalty to you before she has only ever rivalled my authority because of my past. We all know that she has a problem with me being in a position of power over her because of what I've done in my past and because of what my Snow Leopard is like after what has happened to me."

Morgan asks "How can you be the one who is requesting that she gets another chance? It was you that she wronged."

I explain "I defend her because I've been in a similar situation to the one she is in now on more than one occasion. She lost control of her Wolf one time. How many times have I lost control over my Snow Leopard?"

Aaron adds "She may defy Brooke regularly but she has never defied you Morgan as the Alpha Male."

Morgan argues "But she has defied Roxy though."

Roxy comments "That was because I had made a decision which would have caused a lot of injuries to the others in the Clan and possibly even a few deaths."

Morgan sighs then announces "I really don't know what to do. She disobeyed the rules for the Challenge. That is one of the only rules which I have to discipline severely for and you guys are asking me not to."

I suggest "We're not suggesting that she does get away with disobeying the rules for the Challenge we just don't want you to do something that you'll regret later on. As someone who has lost all of my family elders don't let yourself lose her because of this."