Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

We arrive in the kitchen and find that all of the chairs have already been claimed and that lunch is about to be served up. It appears that we're being given a buffet of different foods from other countries which means that Remi has actually decided to take her turn cooking. She loves cooking oriental foods which mainly originate around Asia.

I perch up against the wall and Loki soon copies my movement still appearing to be unwilling to spark up a conversation on his own without me at this moment. Roxy spots us and heads over as she hasn't managed to snag a chair either for once.

I smile in question as she approaches "Looking forward to the trip Roxy?"

Roxy notifies with a laugh "You've got to be kidding me. The journey alone will probably be enough to kill me."

Loki asks "Why would a journey kill you? I thought these vehicles were supposed to be a safe mode of transport?"

Roxy explains with yet another laugh "I'll be so bored. I get so fidgety especially when I know I can't go anywhere for hours on end. It'll be the same in the talks between the other Alpha's and us."

I comment "At least you get to put out your opinion. I don't get that luxury. I just have to stand there looking slightly intimidating if need be. You can moan all you want about being bored at least you're not me or him."

Loki asks "Me why me?"

I notify "You have to be in my sights at all times, remember? Therefore you don't get out of the boredom."

Roxy comments "Although he shouldn't know about what goes on in those kind of talks which means Rocco might need to be inside instead of both of you two unless you don't mind Rocco looking after him."

I sigh then announce "I do need to be in there so it looks like Rocco will be keeping an eye on you while the talks are in session."

Loki asks "How long will these talks be going on for?"

Roxy admits "They're usually in periods of four hours throughout the day."

I add "There will probably be two sessions of negotiations in the second day."

Loki asks "What will be happening on the first day?"

Roxy admits "Introductions and maybe we might start negotiations if the two male Alphas push for it."

I nod while commenting "That would be better for us in the long run really. It'll mean that we're away from the territory for a lesser period of time."

Roxy adds "Especially as David is getting restless in his attempts to get this territory."

Loki asks "Is that the name of the person who came here?"

I notify "Yes that's him, David Finnegan is his name. He's the Alpha of the Nexus Clan. He's another Wolf Shifter who has been trying to get territory for I don't know how many years now even though his Wolf is not as strong as Morgan's. He's got a couple of allied Clans who are unfortunately strong in numbers. So if we were to issue a Territorial War we'd have to call in our allies."

Roxy sighs "Although not all of them would come due to a specific Shifter that is in David's Clan."

I growl at the mention of that Shifter. I've been in a lot of contact with the Shifter in question. She's just as feral as I am and can definitely hold her own despite being an African Wild Dog Shifter. I was surprised that she wasn't at the last skirmish between our Clans.

Loki asks "Who is she? And what makes her so special?"

I growl out my answer "Her name is Ebony Marinko. She's an African Wild Dog Shifter who's just as feral as I am and can hold her own even against me when my Snow Leopard has gone completely feral even to the point of nearly crossing over into the rogue state. She's dangerous and not many Shifters would cross her or more importantly David's Clan just because of her although that has come back to bite David in the arse as not many people want anything to do with him because he has her in his Clan."