Chapter Fifteen

Hi readers,

I've edited the previous chapters and I've changed Florin's name to Skye as it sounds better :)

I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Fifteen

I knock on the door and call “Loki open the door.”

There is no sound from inside the room.

I order “Loki open the door or I will kick it down!”

Again there is no sound but I hear the sound of the door unlocking. I wait a second to see if it will open before opening it for myself.

I walk in and notice that it’s dark in here. I turn on the main light and immediately here a shuffle further on in the room. I walk further in and look around for Loki. I notice him sitting curled up in a ball by the side of his bed. I can’t see his face as he’s curled up facing the wall. I carefully walk over to Loki and kneel down next to him. He has his arms curled around himself and I can see his fingers on his shoulder. They’re blue!

I ask “Loki?”

Loki turns away from me even more and visibly jumps when a thunderclap sounds loudly. I grip his shoulder and pull him towards me releasing him afterwards. I see him completely now. His face is blue with markings running all over his face. His eyes are no longer green but a blood red colour and they are running with tears.

Loki whispers “Now you see me Brooklyn now you see me for the monster I truly am.”

Before I have a chance to respond he whispers again “I’m the monster that parents tell their children about at night.”

My Snow Leopard whines inside of me and she pushes me to comfort Loki. I place my hand on Loki’s shoulder making him jump. I can feel the coldness of his skin radiating up through his clothes.

I hush “You are not a monster Loki. Don’t listen to the old hag.”

Loki cries out “She’s right though I’ve caused so much innocent death. I’ve proven myself right I am the monster that I feared myself to be.”

I argue “You are not a monster. You may have caused death but they would have died anyway at some point.”

Loki looks at me and asks “How are you not revolted by my appearance?”

I smile “I have to put up with looking at the old hag. You’re appearance is way better than hers.”

Loki smiles weakly then asks “Seriously Brooklyn how can you look at me like you are now? Why are you not turning away in fear at the sight of me?”

I notify “Loki I don’t care about appearances really with the exception of Greta of course. I’m worried about you Loki and that's the truth there. I don’t fear much Loki and you are certainly not something I fear.”

Loki asks “Why would you care about me?”

I admit “You’re a friend that's why.”

Loki remains silent looking rather thoughtful.

I ask “Loki I need you to be honest with me. What is all of this? I’m meaning the phrase you said before. I think it was the monster that parents tell their children about at night. You said that like you’ve said it before.”