Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

We all head into the fair ground and I soon come to realise that Morgan had lied to me as there is no way that there would be as much as there is just for a single day. I mean come on there are rollercoaster’s and everything. Well we’re here now.

Morgan hushes us all and goes to take the blindfold off Roxy while whispering something into her ear. Once the blindfold is removed she screams excitedly then turns round and jumps into Morgan’s awaiting arms where they soon share a loving kiss.

I sometimes do wish that I could find my true mate so that I can share experiences like this with him. Most of the clan is already mated leaving only a few who are not. I’m sure they’ll all find theirs soon enough and then I’ll probably be the only one without a mate still.

Loki nudges me and I look at him with a questioning look.

“What is this place?”

“It’s a fairground. People come here to have fun and enjoy themselves. I suggest you do the same.”

“Will you be doing as such?”

“Of course I will be.”

“Well you don’t look like you’re having that much fun at this moment.”

I look at Loki again then ask “What do you mean by that?”

Loki admits “You looked sad a minute ago.”

I announce “I was just wishing that I could find my true mate so that I would be able to share experiences like this with him.”

Loki looks at me with a pained expression as he replies sadly “I’m sure you’ll find your true mate whoever he is.”

I comment while feeling slightly bothered by the context of my reply “I’m sure you’ll find yours as well.”

I notice that the group has started to move further in and I follow after them with Loki not so far behind.

Roxy squeals in excitement “Group bumper cars.”

Most of us agree with some sort of yell and we rush towards the bumper cars.

I am quite surprised by the amount of rides that are available here. The whole fairground is huge and I mean huge.

Anyway we arrive at the bumper cars and luckily we find that the last ride had just finished so we all pile onto the ride. I drag Loki with me and make him go into a car with me. He looks confused obviously not realising that he’s about to get chucked around and bashed into.

Roxy calls “Brooke I’m going to be aiming for you.”

I call back with a grin plastered to my face as I sit next to Loki “Well we’ll see if you can catch me.”

We not so patiently wait for everyone to get ready and pay before the ride begins. I push the throttle down fully and begin to steer the car around the surprisingly large circuit colliding with a few of the clan here and there making us all lurch forward.

Loki asks loudly “What is the point of this?...ack.”

I collided with Thea and Skye at a high speed making everyone lurch forward. I burst into laughter as do Thea and Skye in the other car.

Loki asks as I pull away again “Why did we come on this contraption it is painful.”

I ask in a mocking tone of voice “Is the little God of Mischief getting knocked about and winded?”