Day 27 - On One Of Their Birthdays

On the day of Kenny McCormick’s birthday, he didn’t expect much.

His mother and father’s screaming woke him and his siblings up, so he knew they wouldn’t do anything for him. His older brother decided to leave as zoo as he was awake. He said something about ‘ leaving town,’ which meant he wouldn’t be back for a few days. And Karen wouldn’t be able to do anything on her own.

Kenny decided he didn’t really want to do anything anyway. He just wanted to leave his house, and have a nice day at school.

Which didn’t happen. He dropped Karen off ad was immediately whisked away by Craig. 

“Come along, McCormick, we’re going on a birthday adventure.” Craig grabbed his hand quickly and pulled them towards his house. “It’s your birthday, which means you shouldn’t have to go to school. I know you weren’t planning on doing anything, but your plans just changed.” 

“Okay?” Kenny was tugged into Craig’s house.

 “My mom isn’t home, but she said I could bring you here if you didn’t want to go to school.” Craig pulled Kenny into the kitchen and sat him down at the table. He pulled a small box out of the refrigerator an sat it in front of the blond boy. “Also, I went to get a cake at five this morning, so I really hope you didn’t want to go to school.”

Kenny opened the small box. “Thank you. Really. Except I actually wanted to go to school…”

“Oh.” Craig sat down. “Okay. That’s…that’s cool. You can have the cake then, I guess.” He stood back up. “I guess let’s go then. If we run, we can still make it before first period starts.”

Kenny stood up and nodded. “Thank you again, Tucker. I do really appreciate it.” He kissed the dark haired boy and they both left for school.