Day Three - Gaming/Watching a Movie

Two different cases were in the hand of the darker haired boy. “We can either watch a movie or play a video game.”

            “Or we can do both,” suggested the lighter haired one. “That’d be fun, and a time waster.”

            Craig sighed and lowered the cases. “One or the other. I don’t want to do both.”

            Kenny sighed back at him, “I want to do both, but since you’re being a-“ Kenny pressed his hand over his mouth to muffle a word and the removed it”-, then we’ll play the video game.”

            Craig dropped one of the cases on the small coffee and opened the other one. He slipped the game into the PlayStation. The dark haired boy took the controllers off the shelf and sat down.

            There was silence as Craig handed a controller to Kenny. A few seconds later, there was the sound of the game.

            Kenny signed as he realized what they were going to play. “Mario Kart? Again? This is all you play.”

            “It’s all I’m good at,” Craig spoke as he selected a two-player game and picked Mario as his character.

            Kenny shook his head slightly before picking Princess Peach. “You’re goo at other games.”

            Craig let out a small laugh. “That’s not what I meant. This is the only game where I can beat you.”

            “Because of Rainbow Road! If it weren’t for that…”

            When he spoke that, Craig selected it. “Even if I didn’t pick Rainbow Road, I would still beat.”

            The conversation ended as they were lined up at the start line. Automatically, as soon as they started racing, Craig was in the lead.

            There wasn’t much talking after that, other than the profanities when one would get ahead of the other.

            After a few hours, they decided they should quit playing. The game was turned off, and the two turned to look at each other.

            “I won,” Craig said before pointing at the kitchen. “Which means you have to make lunch.”