quattro

I came downstairs and I saw that the conversation between Fury and everyone had already started. Tea was being prepped and most were sat around the table waiting.

"Fury" I greet with a nod and he acknowledges me back.

"Back in the day I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream of. Now here we all are, back on Earth with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission, and whether or not he admits it,  his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand, outwit the platinum bastard" Fury speaks and we all take in his meaningful words.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk" Nat smirks and I smile, thankful that she was still herself after the awkward encounter upstairs.

"You know what Romanoff" playfully replies Steve.

"So what does he want?" questions Fury.

"To become better, better than us. He keeps building bodies" Steve says.

"Person bodies. Human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded but he keeps coming back to it" piped in Tony.

"You two programmed him to protect the human race and you amazingly failed" Nat said.

"They don't need to be protected. They need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve. Has anyone been in touch with Helen Cho recently?" questioned Bruce and immediately Fury steps out to make some calls. I can see that everyone is planning to leave so I head upstairs to change into my battle gear, leaving the clothes Clint and Laura gave me on the bed. All of my blades are attached to my sleeves and pockets so I head back down to see everyone ready.

"I'll take Natasha, Clint and Ombra" Steve commands.

"All right, strictly recon, I'll hit the nexus, I'll join you as soon as I can" replied Stark.

"If Ultron's really building a body-"

"He will be more powerful than any of us, maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot."

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest things science ever created was me" scoffed Steve.

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower. Mind if I borrow Miss Hill?" Nick came and asked.

"She's all yours. Apparently" Tony shrugged.

"What are you going to do? Steve questioned intriguingly.

"I don't know, something dramatic I hope" he replied and left the house.

I look up and see Clint and Nat saying goodbye to Laura so I silently leave the house and head towards the jet, craving more than I ever that I was alone right now. Frankly, I was annoyed with myself for allowing this to happen, there's so many opportunities where I could of just left but now there's no way I could leave. Tony was right when he said I wouldn't be comfortable not knowing whether the sceptre was safe but I also think, despite the awkwardness now, I couldn't leave Nat.  In such a short time she had become a massive part of me. When I'm around her I'm like the person I always should of been before my life went south. I'm like the girl my parents would of wished for me to be. Happy.

My thoughts get interrupted when Nat steps onto the ship, looking at me unsurely. This is what I didn't want to happen, to not feel comfortable around someone who made me feel alive. She walks over to me and sits next to me while we wait for Steve and Clint.

"I'm sorry" she says and I sigh exasperatedly.

"I thought I told you to stop apologising."

"Sor- okay. As much as I regret how it happened, I'm glad , my suspicions were confirmed."

I frown and look at her. "What suspicions?"

"That you're beautiful. Why don't you let everyone see?"

"I don't want the world to see me, makes me vulnerable. They wouldn't understand, as you saw, I'm broken and one little thing could be the end of me."

"You aren't broken."

"Maybe not completely but that's because of you. I want you to see me, I want you to know who I am, what my story is, but that will come in time. I find myself becoming so attached to you Nat, maybe to much that it's dangerous."

Nat sighs and she puts her hand on my knee. "Every little piece I discover about you, makes me like you even more. Everyone has a story and by the sounds of it the beginning chapters are bad for you, but every bad character has a redemption and a happy ending."

"I've been so alone Nat, so alone. You're the only person I've got close to in years, there was a man, we were both low and lost, manipulated by HYDRA but he vanished one day. When he disappeared, I also ran, ran far away. Once I built myself up mentally I started seeking out every HYDRA agent or personal and I ruthlessly murdered them. I'm a murderer and the worst part? I don't regret it. I can kill a persona and feel no remorse. It's like all my emotions are turned off but with you, with you I feel them all."

I've never spoke so much about myself before and I start to feel embarrassed but by the look on Natasha's face, she appreciates it.

"We all have demons Ombra, I have a ledger coloured red that I would like to clean. Hearing that I've helped you has made me feel better about myself. I grew up in the Red Room, trained to kill and not get close to anyone, stripped me away from any future that I wished for myself. I'm sure you noticed how close I am to Clint and his family, because they're the only family I'll ever get to have. Much like you, I've been alone but what's important now is that we have each other."

This feels good. An actual meaningful conversation, voicing all our thoughts to one another and realising we fit together like a jigsaw. Two broken souls looking for the strings to keep them together, putting two broken things together creates something entirely new.

"Thank you farfalla . When this is all over, there's somewhere I'd like to take you, where this story of mine began, if you will?"

Nat smiles and nods. "Of course."

Neither of us step any further than that, it's clear we like one another but I want to do it right. I won't mess this up, I can't mess this up because without her, I'm nothing more than a killer.

MORE OF A FILLER SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER

I REALLY WANT TO GET ACROSS HOW MUCH OMBRA TREASUERS NAT FOR FIXING HER AND HOW MUCH NAT WANTS TO BE THE ONE TO DO THAT

THIS MAY BE A LITTLE SLOW BURN, THE KISS MAY BE A WAY OFF BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER HOW MUCH TORTURE NAT WENT THROUGH AND OMBRA?

WE WILL HEAR HER STORY IN A FEW CHAPTERS!