tredici

Scott made the first mistake. He didn't want to hurt Nat, not knowing Nat will take up any opportunity to inflict pain on a sexist, stereotypical male. He managed to knock her down but then Nat zapped him into a truck, making it dent.

Shaking my head, I let Steve fight Rhodey and I take on T'Challa. I've seen him fight, I know he's agile ad very skilled in the martial arts, the claws were the thing I worried about the most. He swings first with his leg and I catch it, twisting it round and slamming him to the floor.

"It wasn't him" I hiss on top of his stomach.

In retaliation, his knee's my stomach and pushes me off him. Steve kicks Rhodey out of the air and I use all my strength in my punch, making T'Challa hit the ground at stay down, at least for a minute or two. Scott and Steve do an excellent play which keeps Rhodey down and stat running towards the hangar.

We all run as a group towards the Quinjet but Vison appears, floating in front of us.

"Captain Rogers. I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good you must surrender now." Tony and the rest of his team appear and my eyes lock with Nat, lined up against her. This was it, we were going to fight one another.

"What do we do Cap?" Sam asks and I could of predicted his response.

"We fight."

All of us run towards each other, not one person stopping. We all have someone to fight, Steve against Tony, Bucky and T'Challa. These are people who have grudges against one another, but me and Nat don't. I turn invisible again and swipe her legs out from under her, sending her tumbling but I catch her, softening her hit to the ground. I become visible again and our faces are inches apart, blue against green.

"You still love me, bellissimo?" I barely whisper and despite her situation she smiles.

"Of course."

"I refuse to fight you any further, this whole thing is crazy. Come with me amore, let us talk while the children play" I say, slowly getting off her and pulling her up, turning us both invisible and taking us to the roof of the airport, giving us a view on the chaos below. Panting, I relive us both off my invisibility and sit down.

She slowly takes a seat next to me, her eyes showing hurt as she watches our family tear each other apart.

"I've missed you" she whispers, taking the glove off my left hand and holding it, rubbing her thumb in a soothing gesture.

"As I have missed you. I am sorry this came between us, that is what I regret, not the side I have taken. Steve is not lying when he says there is more soldiers like Bucky, I know of them. More kills than me and the Winter Soldier had together."

"I believe you, I just wish it didn't have to be like this."

We sit in silence for a bit as we see Steve and Bucky make the hangar. T'Challa made it there but Pietro decided to pick him up and sprint him far away so the Quinjet could take off. Then the disaster came.

Vision tried to shoot Sam down who was flying after the jet but Sam managed to role out of the way, meaning Rhodey got hit and started plummeting to the ground. Sam and Tony tried to fly down and catch him in time but he hit the ground just before they got there. Nat gave me a look and I nodded.

"Go. I need to leave anyway."

We stand up and Nat turns back around. "How will I find you?"

"We will always find each other. I love you amore, with all my heart and being" I say, hoping she will piece together the link between the words and meaning. She smiles and I kiss her deeply, yet softly.

Nat runs off and I sigh and make my way out the airport. There was obviously going to be no flights from here so I make way for the nearest one. I don't use a car or a taxi, needing to embrace the freedom of hopping from roof to roof, remembering when this was all I had. It takes me a few hours to make the airport but I immediately hop on the next flight to Italy. I stay invisible until I find a spare seat on the plane, not having anything with me to pay for a ticket.

Upon landing, the familiar smell of the Italian air makes me realise that maybe a few years out of the game might do me good. Realistically I knew it could never happen, I would become restless and go out on a spree. I go to the my old home, the rubble still there, dead and empty. Just beyond the broken walls of my childhood home, I have a bag stashed with clothes and a tent. Then the walk to the hill, the hill where I have the best memory of my life. Just being back up here made me smile.

I set up the tent and changed out of my fighting gear, an oversized hoodie and cargo pants, all black. The heat wasn't so strong this time of year but I rarely got hot anyway. While waiting for Nat, I thought of what must be happening now. Rhodey will be in hospital no doubt and even though I don't like the guy, I hope he's okay. The others have probably been arrested and put in cells like criminals. Hopefully, Steve and Bucky have made it the bunker and stopped the mad doctor.

It felt like this whole thing wasn't going to end though, we would all have to be on the run. Steve and Tony will probably never be friends again, making the team weaker. We all worked best as a team but that would not be the same. Then there's Bruce and Thor. They had no idea what was happening here, wherever they are right now. I hope they will return soon because I would enjoy a conversation with someone who I haven't argued for or against.

The sun was starting to set by the time Nat arrived. I chuckled as I saw her ride up the hill on a motorbike, one she stole no doubt. Her red hair was flowing in the wind and she had black sunglasses on, her black suit still on her body. She looked hot.

She skidded the bike to a stop and got off it, taking her sunglasses off too.

"Nice of you to join me" I say, scooting to the side so she can sit next to me at the opening of the tent.

"Couldn't let you have to much peace."

"Not even after today?"

"Just not without me."

I chuckle. "Any news?"

She nods and leans back on her hands, looking at the city below. "Rhodey is paralysed from the waist down but Tony is already working on equipment for him. The others are in cells on the Raft, last I heard Tony went after Bucky and Steve. I'm on the run now too."

"Why?"

"For not fighting you."

"Oh... sorry."

She turns to me and cups my face with her hands. "Don't be, they should be for thinking I would ever hurt you."

I smile and take her hands off my cheeks, kissing each finger delicately. " Seems we have a lot of time together then. I'm sure we will meet Sam, Bucky and Steve shortly though."

"Well let's not waste any time then" Nat smirks, dragging me further into the tent.

SORRY FOR THE WEIRD ENDING

I ENDED IT THERE BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU WANT ME TO WRITE THE SMUT THAT IS SURE TO FOLLOW FROM THIS

IF YES, THIS WILL CARRY ON INTO THE NEXT CHAPTER

IF NOT, I WILL JUST TIME JUMP IT TO WHERE THEY MEET STEVE AND SAM

LET ME K N O W!