ventitré

12 year old Elijah and 6 year old Willow were sat in the back of the car. It was just us three as Natasha decided to stay at base to get an update on everyone who were spread out across the country. She was really struggling not seeing anyone and was searching for any sort of normality that we had.

So while she did that, I decided to take the kids up to see Tony, Pepper and there daughter Morgan. Willow absolutely adored her and they would babble together while Elijah would go into Tony's basement where he had a little lab. To me, Tony got on so well with Elijah because he saw some of the kindness in him that Peter had. We both had nightmares of that day, feeling Peter slip away between us both, most nights talking over the phone together.

Elijah spoke with us all now although he was still an introvert, but a very clever one. He loved Tony's tech and at home he would try and build things that Tony had suggested for him to try. Willow was a beautiful little girl, her long blonde hair flowed and her eyes were nearly as green as Natasha's.

I pulled up into Tony's drive outside his new house, which was a very basic log house in the middle of nowhere. He really had settled down now that he had his own family. The kids unclipped their seatbelts as soon as the car stopped and sprinted out the car over to where Tony, Pepper and Morgan were sat on the grass, eating sandwiches. I smiled when Morgan stood up and brought the pair of them into a tight hug. Pepper and Tony came over and gave me one too, gesturing for me to join them on the blanket they had on the grass. The kids had already started running around with each other, playing their favourite game which of course is Superheroes.

"Elijah is growing so much" Pepper pointed out, nibbling on a grape.

I nod and grin when Elijah starts to play with Steve's shield. Tony had kept it after there whole falling out and it's definitely the kids favourite toy. As I said from the start, Elijah is a mini Cap, looks wise and personality wise. Willow favoured me and Natasha, always sneaking around and trying to scare people. Of course Morgan was like her father, playing with a mask Tony had made for Pepper. They were all like the mini versions of us but I pray that they will neve have to be.

"Yeah, he's going to be tall, that's for sure. Steve has been teaching him things so with Stark knowledge and Captain America's fighting abilities, lets just say I fear whenever a boy tries to talk to Willow or Morgan" I joke but I'm serious. I pray.

Tony laughed and smirked. "Yeah well he can get in line, no boy's are allowed near our princesses."

"What about girls?" I say with raised eyebrows and playful grin.

"They're fine, girls are much better anyway" he replies with a shrug which Pepper nods in agreement.

We sit and chat for a while until we hear the noise of a car coming up the driveway. Pepper runs over to the kids and me and Tony stand side by side, ready to fence off whoever was coming. However when we saw a grey Audi that had the registration for the Avengers on, we backed off our defensive stance.

To our surprise, Steve got out the car, along with Nat and...Scott?

Tony sighs and I nod for him to go inside with Pepper and the kids so I can find out what this is about.

"Nat" I greet and give her a quick kiss on her forehead. I also give Steve a hug but pause when I come in front of the man with black hair. "It's been a while Scott."

"Everyone keeps saying that" he scoffs and I frown, looking between Nat and Steve who role their eyes.

"We... we may have a lead, a chance" Steve says and my eyes widen.

"Okay, well, come in then and we can let Tony hear whatever chance this is."

They follow me in and Pepper greets them all politely while Tony hangs back. He just walks out front and sits down on one of the seats on the deck, all of us trailing after him. He pours a drink of alcohol for everyone but only Scott picks one up, almost necking it off in one.